MM- Chapter 15 Lab
c. Test your knowledge of the registry. Referring to the textbook as necessary, match the listed
keys with their definitions by writing the definition next to the corresponding key:
MM- Chapter 27 Lab Analysis
Chapter 27 Lab Analysis
1. Piotr wants to get a new tablet so he can play games, check his email, and watch his favorite TV
shows. He can only afford a 16-GB model, but is concerned that he'll run out
MM- Chapter 18:02 Exercise
Chapter 18:02 Exercise
Documents and Settings
List the names of all the directories you see displayed in your root directory:
MM- Chapter 19:02 Lab Exercise
Chapter 19:02 Lab Exercise
Step 1: Power up a machine with any version of Windows installed. After the POST messages, but
before the Windows logo screen appears, press F8. Depending on your system,
MM- Chapter 19:01 Lab Exercise
Chapter 19:01 Lab Exercise
This lab exercise showed me how to get into the Event Viewer. The Event Viewer is a tool
used to display detailed information about significant events such as, programs n
MM-Key Term Quiz Chapter 17
KTQ Chapter 17
1. To assist in the recovery of a system crash, Windows XP uses the ASR process, which requires
a floppy disk to store critical system files.
2. If you update a driver on your computer
MM- Chapter 26 KTQ
Chapter 26 Key Term Quiz
1. The amount of time the hard drive will continue to spin once it's no longer being accessed is
determined by the Power Scheme setting in Windows Xp and the advanced power settings in
MM- Chapter 30 KTQ
Chapter 30 Key Term Quiz
1. The two terms typically used to describe virtualization software are hypervisor and VMM.
2. VMware has established itself as one of the leaders in virtualization software market. It
MM- Chapter 29 KTQ
Chapter 29 Key Term Quiz
1. Spam is a type of unsolicited e-mail that usually contains hoaxes and get-rich quick schemes.
2. A(n) pop-up appears as a new window in front of whatever application you are using.
a) What version of Windows 7 does Anytime Upgrade allow you to migrate to? I can upgrade to
64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.
b) Whats the minimum CPU speed requirement? Minimum of 3.2 GHz
c) Whats the minimum amount
MM- Chapter 16 Lab Analysis
Chapter 16 Lab Analysis
1. Jonas has an administrator account and sets up the permissions for a folder on the C: drive to
deny anyone else from accessing it but himself. If another administrator accou
MM- Chapter 4 Key Term Quiz
1. Pressing Windows Key-Tab in Windows 7 will showcase the Flip 3d feature.
2. The System, Display, and Mouse applets are found in the Control Panel.
3. The various tools in the MMC are known as snap-
MM- Chapter 18:03 Lab Exercise
Chapter 18:03 Lab Exercise
Step 2 c. Leave the quote marks out of the command line and run the type command, What happened?
It displays that it cannot find the file specified.
Step 3 g. Change the
MM- Chapter 26 Lab Analysis
Chapter 26 Lab Analysis
1. Bill wants to upgrade his memory from 2GB to the maximum amount of RAM his notebook
can take. He has a Lenovo ThinkPad T500 notebook. How much RAM does he need to buy?
MM- Chapter 17 Lab Analysis
Chapter 17 Lab Analysis
1. Tommy wants to install a service pack for his Windows operating system but is unsure because
he doesn't know what service pack actually is or how to get one. Explain to Tomm
MM- Chapter 23 Lab Analysis
Chapter 23 Lab Analysis
1. What is the primary difference between WEP, WPA, and WPA2? The primary difference is
that they all use different encryption protocols. WEP uses 40 bit or 104 bit encryption.
MM- Chapter 24 Lab Analysis
Chapter 24 Lab Analysis
1. Tanner wants to configure his wireless network so that if Andrew just happens by with a laptop
and a wireless card, he will not be able to gain access to the network without T
MM-Lab Analysis Chapter 14
1. Phyllis wants to do an upgrade installation from Windows Vista Business to Windows 7
Professional, and the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor says her computer is eligible for an upgrade
installation. When sh
MM-Chapter 30 KTQ
Chapter 31 Key Term Quiz
1. A(n) thin client is a type of computer that connects to a server on a network. It offloads much
of the processing to a server. In many situations, this computer doesn't even have a ha
MM- Chapter 22:04 Lab Exercise
Chapter 22:04 Lab Exercise
Step 1: Does the display contain the settings that were automatically assigned by the DHCP server or
the ones you entered manually? Yes
Record your settings here:
MM- Chapter 22 KTQ
Chapter 22 Key Term Quiz
1. The IP address and subnet mask are the minimum addressing requirements for setting up a
network card using TCP/IP protocol.
2. A(n) APIPA address is an address that is self-assigned
MM- Chapter 18:01 Lab Exercise
In this lab I learned to open the command line by typing in cmd in the search bar. I changed my current
directory, which was C:\Users\Matt, to a subdirectory C:\Windows\System32. By t