1. How has information technology improved the professional logistics manager's decision
Information technology has improved decision making capability by providing the
logistics manager with new tools. The use of computers and software
1. What are fixed costs, variable costs, semi-variable costs, direct costs, and indirect costs and
provide an example of each?
Fixed costs are costs that do not change for a given amount of time. Fixed cost are used
in contracts a l
Running head: PERFORMANCE BASED LOGISTICS
Performance Based Logistics
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
This paper was prepared for Management 440, Activity 4.6, taught by
PERFORMANCE BASED LOGISTICS
Performance Based Logistics
I feel that the Just In Time (JIT) inventory system is the way to go. This system is so much better than the
traditional way of stockpiling. The cost saving can be quite vast. By not having large amounts of stock
pile you can save on by having less storag
1. What are the main differences between storage warehouses and distribution centers? What is
throughput and which one has highest throughput?
A warehouse is for the longer term storage of items. This does not have a high value of
Recently at work I had a few aircraft parts that were repaired at a US Navy facility for Canada missing
some documentation and modification plates on the part. The US repair facilities are usually very good
when sending out a product that is has all the d
When I was an aircraft mechanic in the Navy there was constant maintenance to keep the aircraft
(A/C) flying. The first thing after each flight was a visual inspection to make sure nothing was
externally broke. There is also scheduled maintenance that is
1. How does a country's size impact the international or global market?
2. What are some ways a country's language affects packaging requirements?
Language affects package because a word may mean something in another language that i
1. What are the responsibility evaluation factors for awarding a contract to a contractor for
critical parts for new Just-In-Time production system? Support your answer by first defining the
A JIT system maintain
1. Since project management is a unique, onetime event, what are some of the projects that a
professional logistics manager may be involved in. Please explain in detail.
2. What is reverse logistics to the professional
How has information technology improved the professional logistics manager's decision making
2.What are the differences between Materials Requirements Planning (MRP-1) and
Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP-2)?
3.What are the differences bet
1. What best describes the evolution of supply chain management?
Before 1990 supply chain management (SCM) was not a widely used concept. SCM has
come out of logistics. Logistics can also change how SCM is done. Early logistics
1. What best describes a company's quality in relationship to customer service?
2. Quality Control (QC) is referred to as an inspection process. How would you describe the QC
process that you will be implementing at your company?