Chapter 4 Review Questions Page 141
1. I will need a CPU, motherboard, input devices, internal memory, storage and
2. The actual processing unit(s) of a CPU is known as the core. Most current
computers combine two o
Data - A given or fact
Information - Facts or conclusions that have meaning within context
System - Array of components that work together to achieve a goal or goals.
Process - The manipulation of data
Characteristics of useful information - Relevant
Chapter 6 Review Questions Page 214
1. The human eye would be massively overwhelmed because of the infinite amounts
of telecommunication we as a society achieved. Even though its not truly infinite,
the numbers of data spread through telecommunication cre
Chapter 5 Review Questions
1. The most popular mainframe computer operating systems are z/OS (ZsERIES) by
IBM and Clearpath OS2200 by Unisys. The most popular for PCs are Windows
by Microsoft, Linux (Fedora, Red Hat, Smallfoot) by
Chapter 9 Review Questions Page 316
1. Multiple corporations must use global information systems which are systems that
serve organizations and individuals in multiple countries. These companies might
have unified policies throughout their organizations,
Chapter 11 Review Questions Page 379
1. Business intelligence is information gleaned from large amounts of data, usually a
data warehouse or online databases; a BI system discovers not-yet-known
patterns, trends, and other useful information that can help
1. The word process refers to the manipulation of data. This manipulation usually
results in either producing information or acquiring more data.
2. Raw data examples
Even in the simplest of scenarios, numbers are
1. IT planning is so important because companies need to know what kind of IS their
organization needs, as well as how to implement the IS properly. It starts off by having a
vision of how the resources will be used to accomplish goals and breaking those
Chapter 10 Review Questions Page 352
1. A decision is a conclusion or resolution reached after consideration. People make
decisions all the time, like when driving a car to a certain destination; what road
to take, which route to follow.
2. A model is a s
Chapter 8 Review Questions Page 292
1. The web creates certain possibilities for new business prospects. In that regard, it
enables organizations to make new platforms to reach an online community.
Online shopping is fueled by the Web.
2. Hypertext Markup
Chapter 7 Review Questions Page 246
1. The file approach has no mechanism for tagging, retrieving, and manipulating data.
The database approach has this mechanism. Inconveniences in traditional file
approach includes program-data dependency, high data red