1. A decision is choosing one of two or more options to make a solution. A person
has to make a decision when there has to be a certain way chosen over another.
2. A model is an abstraction of reality. An example would be a small-downsized
fixture of a ve
Explain why a company might contract with a third-party logistics provider. Be sure to include the
benefits a company might expect from such an arrangement.
Explain how using EDI can lead to supply chain efficiencies.
1- Explain the difference between an extranet and an intranet. In your answer, describe when you might
use a VPN in either.
a. Extranet is an internet that extends beyond the organized and incorporates networks of outside
1. Various options that a company has available to enjoy services of an IS is that
it can outsource development, purchase license to use software thats already
made, and possibly have its own employees develop the ID.
2. Because paying an employee or a pr
1. Global information systems means systems that serve organizations and
individuals in multiple countries.
2. Executives are advised to think globally but act locally because they must think
and work in a big picture mentality. Acting locally means being
1. Business intelligence is the data processed through huge databases. Executives
use the information to obtain more information on customers, suppliers, and their
2. OLAP is another type of application used to exploit data warehouses.
1. IT planning is important because if the implementation is successful, the new
system can significantly change the manner in which the organization conducts
business and even the products or services it sells.
2. Standardization is when management decid
1. The web has been an enabler by allowing interacting between other
organizations, and customers. Ecommerce would never be available without the
web, as well as blogging. Customers would be able to purchase items online with
email given discount codes. T