Test 2 Review Sheet: Chapter 5
SHORT ANSWER. Each question is worth 5 points unless otherwise indicated. You must show all work to receive credit.
You may use your calculator, but show intermediate steps. CLEARLY indicate your final answer.
In this section, you will learn how
so solve inequalities. "Solving' an
inequality means nding all of its
solutions. A "solution' of an
inequality is a number which when
substituted for the variable makes
the inequality a true statement.
Here is an examp
square is a way of
factoring a quadratic
Completing the Square
1. Isolate variables
2. Divide each number by the squared term
3. Take half of coefcient x term and square it
(don't forget the sign)
4. Add step 3 to both sides of
1. Suppose Joe leaves city A for City B at 60 mph and Mary B for A at 80 mph if
the distance between A and B is 2,800 miles when and where will they meet.
2.If Mary leaves city A for B at 40 mph and Joe B at 60 then I'd the distance from
a to b is 1000 mi
1. Limits of algebraic functions as x -> a
2. Limits of trigonometric functions as x-> a
3. Limits as x approaches innity or negativity innity
Algebraic Function Limits as x approaches a number
Start by "direct substitution" (Let x=a)