1. How does Benjamin's apathy and disenchantment with his life reflect the culture at the time
this film was made? Give examples to explain your answer.
2. This film The Graduate has an iconic soundtrack. How did the music create tone in this
1. In any movie knowing a sounds origin (where it emanates from) can be important. Please
discuss diegetic vs. nondiiegetic sounds.
2. As mentioned earlier, in The Red Balloon, there is little dialogue, so other sounds become
Using all you've learned about film this quarter, write a full, detailed review of The
Graduate. A full discussion will include a strong thesis statement, which explains your
specific opinion of the film, and plenty of examples from the film to support yo
1. Are you lead in films.that is, are the scenes staged to make audiences believe something
is true when its not? Discuss two examples from the film you chose for this week.
2. Do films use suggestive graphics, Voice of-god narration, talking head
1. There are six (6) conglomerate studios that produce huge budget filmsstate who they are
and give examples of what they have backed.
2. How can you tell the difference between a Low Budget & High budget filmswhat are
3. Can you t
1. How does the angle of the camera affect the audiences perspective and/or the meaning of
the scene? Use two examples from Rocky.
In Rocky, does off-screen space add to your understanding of the shots? In what ways?
3. Does the camera pan or ti
1. Does the plot order match the story order? If not, list the differences and discuss how the
changes from story to plot contribute to the narrative.
2. In True Grit what would you describe as the main characters motivationsare these
In 2-3 sentences, describe the basic human desires and drives that cinema seems to satisfy.
In one well-developed paragraph (4-6 sentences), discuss the art and entertainment value in
complex or challenging films.
In 2-3 sentences, explain what it
1. Does Shrek reflect a specific style or type of film making company or movie director? Please
discuss this using 3 examples from the film.
2. I recognize that the title of our movie is Shrek, but is there a real star in this movie, or does
Coen Brothers Film Analysis
In True Grit and The Man Who Wasnt There, the Coen brothers are able to take the
audience out of their own lives and into a fully realized world that is both immersive and thought