Short Story Analysis
Living in continuous happiness is near impossible. Everyone has problems and
each of us is constrained by worries, but what if we could just not care, and live in
complete nirvana. In the short story Zombie by Chuck Palah
The image shown is an oversimplification of one side of an argument. Whether or not
you agree that Apple products are superior over Windows based products, the picture makes you
want to. It shows a generalized illustration of the two
The pulsating beat coming from the stage hits you like a fist to the chest. Their lights, blinding
while at the same time mesmerizing, shines across the crowd of what seems like millions. Live
music is an incredible experience that has no com
The United States is at war and the American citizens do not approve. Music becomes a
device in which the people can express their dissatisfaction. Musicians like Bob Dylan
become icons of protest. Music of the time no matter what gen
Human beings are not perfect. Religion helps us deal with this by giving us
understanding of ourselves as well as guidelines for how to live a pure moral life. The
problem many people face is that these imperfections come before their
When the New World was discovered pilgrims flocked to this uncharted land seeking
god, gold, and glory. Not much has changed as the American life is still fueled by these
three things. The obsession with putting a monetary value on everything
Using all you've learned about film this quarter, write a full, detailed review of The
Graduate. A full discussion will include a strong thesis statement, which explains your
specific opinion of the film, and plenty of examples from the film to support yo
1. There are six (6) conglomerate studios that produce huge budget filmsstate who they are
and give examples of what they have backed.
2. How can you tell the difference between a Low Budget & High budget filmswhat are
3. Can you t
1. How does Benjamin's apathy and disenchantment with his life reflect the culture at the time
this film was made? Give examples to explain your answer.
2. This film The Graduate has an iconic soundtrack. How did the music create tone in this
1. How does the angle of the camera affect the audiences perspective and/or the meaning of
the scene? Use two examples from Rocky.
In Rocky, does off-screen space add to your understanding of the shots? In what ways?
3. Does the camera pan or ti
1. In any movie knowing a sounds origin (where it emanates from) can be important. Please
discuss diegetic vs. nondiiegetic sounds.
2. As mentioned earlier, in The Red Balloon, there is little dialogue, so other sounds become
1. Does the plot order match the story order? If not, list the differences and discuss how the
changes from story to plot contribute to the narrative.
2. In True Grit what would you describe as the main characters motivationsare these
In 2-3 sentences, describe the basic human desires and drives that cinema seems to satisfy.
In one well-developed paragraph (4-6 sentences), discuss the art and entertainment value in
complex or challenging films.
In 2-3 sentences, explain what it
1. Does Shrek reflect a specific style or type of film making company or movie director? Please
discuss this using 3 examples from the film.
2. I recognize that the title of our movie is Shrek, but is there a real star in this movie, or does
1. Are you lead in films.that is, are the scenes staged to make audiences believe something
is true when its not? Discuss two examples from the film you chose for this week.
2. Do films use suggestive graphics, Voice of-god narration, talking head
Coen Brothers Film Analysis
In True Grit and The Man Who Wasnt There, the Coen brothers are able to take the
audience out of their own lives and into a fully realized world that is both immersive and thought