Week 1 homework
Lavin Chs 4, 6, 16 (45pts)
1. Explain what ALARA means.(1pt)
As low as reasonably achieve able. MeAning radiation exposure should only reach a level that
is reasonable for the occupation or medical treatment. It sh
Week 7 homework
Lavin Ch 25, 26, 27 (40 pts)
1. Give 2 examples of positive and negative contrast media. (4pts)
Positive: barium and Iodine
Negative: O2 and CO2
2. When selecting a contrast media for a study; why would positive con
Week 4 homework 45 points
Lavin: Chapters 17, 20, 21
What is the proper way to view radiographs on the light box? (2pts)
If the radiograph is lateral then it should be viewed long ways with the left side on the left and
vice versa. If it is a VD or DV
Week 2 homework
Lavin Chs 5, 6, 8 (40 points)
1. Define latent image (1pt)
The pre-image created when the silver halide is exposed to the radiation and turns black. This
image is not visible.
2. What is the purpose of an x-ray cas
Santes Law worksheet (20pts)
1. Using Santes Law Calculate the KVP for an animal that is 15 cm
With bucky KVP=80
2. Convert from inches to cm: 14 inches= _cm
14 X 2.5 = 35cm
3. Using Santes Law Calculate the KVP for an ani
1. Lables show up on the radiographs so they should never overlap with the animal to avoid
confusion of where it is. An identification marker could possibly be confused with a foreign
object that the animal has swallowed if it is under the patient. Also v
1. What are the six structures that make up the urinary system?
The urinary system is made up of the two kidneys, two ureters, the urinary bladder, and the
2. Nitrogenous waste materials from protein breakdown are e
Name Mark Tippett
Draw a line that represents the muscle. List and incorporate the origin and
Red: Trapezius_Dorsal Neck_Spine of
Light Green: Masseter_Zygomatic Arch_Lateral
1. What is the difference between internal respiration and external respiration?
Internal respiration is the exchange of CO2 and O2 from the blood in the capillaries and the
cells and tissues of the body, while external respiration is
1. Besides supporting the other tissues of the body, what else do bones do?
Bones protect our organs from the outside world. Bones are also used as leverage with
tendons and muscles to provide movement. Bone are used to store minerals. T
1. What are the three types of muscle and what are some of the general characteristics of
Skeletal muscle is the voluntary muscles that we can control. They are organized by bands of
muscle fibers that contract together and form
Name: Mark Tippett
VT 154 Anatomy
Clinical cases Muscle
A foal is born with ruptured digital extensors in her forelimbs. What are the
clinical signs of that condition (i.e. what does that foal look like/what is it doing
or not doing/ what will be the c
1. Our skin is the first line of defense from the outside world. It is a sensory organ which
responds to touch and pressure, it helps maintain body temperature, it is a protective barrier
from the outside world, it prevents the body from drying up, and it
1. Describe the structure of a heart valve.
The heart valves flap structures that are pulled open by the attached chordae tendineae. The
tricuspid valve has three flaps, the bicuspid valve has two, the semilunar valves (aorti
1. Draw the apex, root, pulp, cementum, dentin, and enamel of a tooth.
2. What are amylase and lipase? What do they do?
Amylase is an enzyme used to break down carbohydrates down to monosaccharaides. Lipase
is an enzyme that breaks down
Label the structures of the heart and indicate direction of blood
flow. Color the areas carrying oxygenated blood red and the
areas carrying deoxygenated blood blue.
7. _Left Ventricle_
2. _Pulmonary Artery_
45 Points possible
1. 2yr old Labrador Retriever (60lbs) Hit by car (HBC) Presented with a degloving injury to the
lateral aspect of the left hind leg. Non weight bearing on left hind limb.
Dr. orders Hydromorphone IM and 2 view radiog
50 points possible
1. 1yr old English Springer Spaniel (40lbs) presents with a fish hook stuck in her lip
Dr orders: DexDormitor for fish hook removal.
o Why are you giving DexDormitor?
It's a sedative and an analgesic.
o What route(s) can D
1. As low as reasonably achieve able. MeAning radiation exposure should only reach a level
that is reasonable for the occupation or medical treatment. It should not reach a higher level
than the MPD.
2. Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen, November 8, 1895
3. A small
1. Unlike radiography, an ultrasound uses high frequency sound waves that determine depth
and transmit the depth into a live image on a monitor.
2. Shave the area of the interest with a 40 blade clippers. Then use alcohol on the area to