1. Do you see the Properties menu option? No
2. Do you see the Properties menu option? Based on the results, what does this tell you
about how Group Policy Objects are processed? Yes. The Domain GPO has overridden
the locally-configured GPO.
3. Do y
Dear Junior IT Guy,
The first thing you can do is access the Active Directory Sites and Services snap
in on the server. On this screen you can see if there have been any site links created
that have special replication features. If need be you can create
Managing the network of a company with 145 hosts is no small matter. Any and
all implementation involving IP addressing schemes should be considered carefully. You
want to have enough addressing space to leave yourself room to grow, but you dont
1. Were you able to reset your password? No
2. Were you successful this time Yes I was with the changes
3. Why can the manger change a users password in the Mgmt1 OU but cannot delete a users
account? The manager has not been delegated the permissio
1. Which Administrative user accounts can create a site? The EntAdmin accounts in the parent
and child domains
2. Which administrative user account can create a user account? Administrator
3. Which administrative user account can view or modify sche
Unit 5 Assignment 1 AD design Scenario: FSMO Role & GC Placement
Unit 9 Exercise
If the application is not supported on Windows XP, then simply exclude the
Windows XP OU group from the software push. As for the automatic updates we can
implement a group policy that turns off automatic updates by default. Set a specific
Unit 10 Assignment
Utilize RAID 5 for this situation. RAID 5 is fault tolerant and also provides our site
with a reasonable uptime in the event that something catastrophic does occur.
Additionally we can also save the data to removable storage such as a t
Unit 7 exercise 1. AD OU Planning Scenario
1. How is the organization going to be structured? (Regionally, by Job Function,
2. How many different groups will the users be separated into?
3. Is there going to be a dedicated group for printers/scanners
Unit 8 assignment 1
In Windows 7 and Vista there is an action center that is not available in Windows XP.
Another upgrade that XP doesnt have is the Search programs and file Link option in
the start menu.
The control panel can be searched by categories or
Unit 8 Exercise
When it comes to Trust and Control there needs to be balance. One of the first
and most important policies you can implement in your Active Directory Domain is a
strong Password policy. This policy will ensure security and non-repudiation.
Unit 6 Exercise 1 AD User and Group Account Creation
To expedite the process of making new user accounts you can create a basic account
setup and put the new users in a new group specific for the new company. Once this
has been done you can then set the g
Unit 7 Assignment 1. AD Password Policy Planning
I assure you that we can have a policy in place that provides both adequate
security, and ease of use. Without these policies in place our company is at risk of being
breached and sensitive information bein
Unit 6 Assignment 1. AD User/Group Design Scenario
Create a Marketing OU group in AD and allow all of the users in that group access to
all of the printers on the domain.
You can allow all of the users inside of the user OC access to the specified