Unit 7 Assignment 1: Network Traffic and Exploit Identification
1. What was the first connection made, to where, and via what protocol?
15:40:19.571032 IP 192.168.2.62.44389 > 192.168.2.104.22: S
1273007928:1273007928(0) win 5840 <mss 1460
Unit 6 Lab 1: Identify & Mitigate Malware & Malicious Software on a Linux Workstation
1. Workstation and Desktop devices are prone to viruses, malware, and malicious software,
especially if the user surfs the Internet and World Wide Web. G
Unit 8 Discussion 1: Security Features of Wireless Technologies
Examining the various security features from the various wireless technologies is a
WEP when it was first introduced in 1999. It was called wired equivalency
Unit 7 Lab 1: Conduct a Network Traffic Analysis & Baseline Definition
1. Which tool is better at performing protocol captures and which tool is better at
performing protocol analysis? Wireshark (formerly known as Ethereal) is a better too
Unit 9 Lab 1: Perform Incident Response for Linux Workstation
1. When you are notified that a users workstation or system is acting strangely and log
files indicate system compromise, what is the first thing you should do to the
Project Part 1: Current Security Threats
The top three security threats that Aim Higher College faces are the following:
* Social Media
* Mobile devices connecting to the network
* Compromised routers intercepting sensitive information
Unit 3 Assignment 1: Information Gathering Plan
There are varieties of techniques which will be used once polishing off a Passive
information gathering exercise. Lots of necessary info may be passively collected and utilized in
Unit 5 Assignment 1: Web application Attack Prevention
The treat with the open source blog package is that the code is obtainable to the overall
public and anyone with programming data can modify the code to undertake and do what they
Unit 3 Lab 1: Data Gathering and Foot-printing a Target Website
What are the five steps of a hacking attack?
Breaking into your system.
Getting authority to control everything on your system.
Hiding the evidence of their bre
Unit 2 Assignment 1: Cryptography
1. _ type of certificate is used to provide security on Web sites.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
2. _ is the most common public key encryption systems and, in most cases, this relies on
manual trust and key d
Unit 2 Lab 1: Implement Hashing and Encryption for secure Communications
1. Insert the MD5sum and SHA1sum hash values calculated for example.txt
MD5sum Original File
SHA1sum Original File
MD5sum Modified File
Unit 4 Assignment 1: Top Ports and Rising Ports Review
The top three rising ports that I chosen from the chart are ports 9943, 5070, and 8129. the
amount one port was port 9943, that has the largest range of source IP hits within the high
Lab 4 Compromise and exploit a Vulnerable Microsoft Workstation/ Server
1. What are the five steps of a hacking attack?
Hackers look for easy targets and find out information about them and their systems.
Breaking into your system.
Unit 1 Assignment 1: De
Web-based attacks, which usually involve techniques that direct the browser to malicious sites,
were the foremost usually rumored form of attack. Web-based attacks represented 26% of
detections, followed by the Con