Unit 7 Assignment 1: Network Traffic and Exploit Identification
1. What was the first connection made, to where, and via what protocol?
15:40:19.571032 IP 192.168.2.62.44389 > 192.168.2.104.22: S
1273007928:1273007928(0) win 5840 <mss 1460
Unit 6 Lab 1: Identify & Mitigate Malware & Malicious Software on a Linux Workstation
1. Workstation and Desktop devices are prone to viruses, malware, and malicious software,
especially if the user surfs the Internet and World Wide Web. G
Unit 8 Discussion 1: Security Features of Wireless Technologies
Examining the various security features from the various wireless technologies is a
WEP when it was first introduced in 1999. It was called wired equivalency
Unit 7 Lab 1: Conduct a Network Traffic Analysis & Baseline Definition
1. Which tool is better at performing protocol captures and which tool is better at
performing protocol analysis? Wireshark (formerly known as Ethereal) is a better too
Unit 9 Lab 1: Perform Incident Response for Linux Workstation
1. When you are notified that a users workstation or system is acting strangely and log
files indicate system compromise, what is the first thing you should do to the
Project Part 1: Current Security Threats
The top three security threats that Aim Higher College faces are the following:
* Social Media
* Mobile devices connecting to the network
* Compromised routers intercepting sensitive information
Unit 3 Assignment 1: Information Gathering Plan
There are varieties of techniques which will be used once polishing off a Passive
information gathering exercise. Lots of necessary info may be passively collected and utilized in
Unit 5 Assignment 1: Web application Attack Prevention
The treat with the open source blog package is that the code is obtainable to the overall
public and anyone with programming data can modify the code to undertake and do what they
Unit 3 Lab 1: Data Gathering and Foot-printing a Target Website
What are the five steps of a hacking attack?
Breaking into your system.
Getting authority to control everything on your system.
Hiding the evidence of their bre
Unit 2 Assignment 1: Cryptography
1. _ type of certificate is used to provide security on Web sites.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
2. _ is the most common public key encryption systems and, in most cases, this relies on
manual trust and key d
Unit 2 Lab 1: Implement Hashing and Encryption for secure Communications
1. Insert the MD5sum and SHA1sum hash values calculated for example.txt
MD5sum Original File
SHA1sum Original File
MD5sum Modified File
Unit 4 Assignment 1: Top Ports and Rising Ports Review
The top three rising ports that I chosen from the chart are ports 9943, 5070, and 8129. the
amount one port was port 9943, that has the largest range of source IP hits within the high
Lab 4 Compromise and exploit a Vulnerable Microsoft Workstation/ Server
1. What are the five steps of a hacking attack?
Hackers look for easy targets and find out information about them and their systems.
Breaking into your system.
Unit 1 Assignment 1: De
Web-based attacks, which usually involve techniques that direct the browser to malicious sites,
were the foremost usually rumored form of attack. Web-based attacks represented 26% of
detections, followed by the Con
Dear Junior IT Guy,
The first thing you can do is access the Active Directory Sites and Services snap
in on the server. On this screen you can see if there have been any site links created
that have special replication features. If need be you can create
Managing the network of a company with 145 hosts is no small matter. Any and
all implementation involving IP addressing schemes should be considered carefully. You
want to have enough addressing space to leave yourself room to grow, but you dont
1. Were you able to reset your password? No
2. Were you successful this time Yes I was with the changes
3. Why can the manger change a users password in the Mgmt1 OU but cannot delete a users
account? The manager has not been delegated the permissio
1. Which Administrative user accounts can create a site? The EntAdmin accounts in the parent
and child domains
2. Which administrative user account can create a user account? Administrator
3. Which administrative user account can view or modify sche
Unit 5 Assignment 1 AD design Scenario: FSMO Role & GC Placement
Unit 9 Exercise
If the application is not supported on Windows XP, then simply exclude the
Windows XP OU group from the software push. As for the automatic updates we can
implement a group policy that turns off automatic updates by default. Set a specific
Unit 10 Assignment
Utilize RAID 5 for this situation. RAID 5 is fault tolerant and also provides our site
with a reasonable uptime in the event that something catastrophic does occur.
Additionally we can also save the data to removable storage such as a t
Unit 7 exercise 1. AD OU Planning Scenario
1. How is the organization going to be structured? (Regionally, by Job Function,
2. How many different groups will the users be separated into?
3. Is there going to be a dedicated group for printers/scanners
Unit 8 assignment 1
In Windows 7 and Vista there is an action center that is not available in Windows XP.
Another upgrade that XP doesnt have is the Search programs and file Link option in
the start menu.
The control panel can be searched by categories or
1. Do you see the Properties menu option? No
2. Do you see the Properties menu option? Based on the results, what does this tell you
about how Group Policy Objects are processed? Yes. The Domain GPO has overridden
the locally-configured GPO.
3. Do y
Unit 8 Exercise
When it comes to Trust and Control there needs to be balance. One of the first
and most important policies you can implement in your Active Directory Domain is a
strong Password policy. This policy will ensure security and non-repudiation.
Unit 6 Exercise 1 AD User and Group Account Creation
To expedite the process of making new user accounts you can create a basic account
setup and put the new users in a new group specific for the new company. Once this
has been done you can then set the g
Unit 7 Assignment 1. AD Password Policy Planning
I assure you that we can have a policy in place that provides both adequate
security, and ease of use. Without these policies in place our company is at risk of being
breached and sensitive information bein
Unit 6 Assignment 1. AD User/Group Design Scenario
Create a Marketing OU group in AD and allow all of the users in that group access to
all of the printers on the domain.
You can allow all of the users inside of the user OC access to the specified