1) An ISP is an Internet Service Provider and the services you'd expect for them to provide are:
Simple dial-up connections, Cable modem service, Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN),
Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL), and Fiber-to-the-premi
1. Reasons why storing large amounts of data in an ordinary file was a bad idea is because
some files might duplicate and would have to keep that up to date, would need extra
storage space which was expensive, and human user errors would occur.
2. If the
1. Some folks regard the combination of PHP and MySQL as a "marriage made in
heaven," and certainly it is widely used on the Web, but there are other competing
technologies. Can you name some of them?
A: Perl, PostgreSQL, C, Hyperion
2. What is the PHP fu
Responses to: "Short Exercises to Improve Your Basic Understanding"
1) Most computing environments, even most home computers, will have a choice of editors.
Explore your particular situation and make a list of all the editors you have to choose from.
1. We have not actually used the term dynamic XHTML document, but what do you
suppose we would mean by the term if we did use it?
I would assume that it means the XHTML will be able to make changes of modifications
to things such as fonts and positioning
1. What is the purpose of having one form on one or more of your web pages?
The purpose of having forms on your web pages is to be able to gather information from
users for the website.
2. If you place an empty form element on a web page, what do you see
1) Copper wire, fiber optic, wireless communications
2)The internet is a collection of computers and other devices connected while the world wide
web is a network of "software infrastructure" consisting of many different communication
is usually used for client side events (such as creating a form) while PHP is used to enter that
user's data into a database that is held server side.
3.14 Quick Questions
1) Who was Tim Barners-Lee and why is he noteworthy?
A: Tim Barners-Lee was a physicist who published the first specification for HTML in 1991. He
is noteworthy because his development essentially rewrote HTML to comply with the stand