Unit 1 Assignment 1: Effects of Routing on Current Communication Methods Used by
The Johnson Company provides networking components and services to their
customers. They want to upgrade on communication methods
Unit 8 Lab 8
1. Doesnt send subnet mask info when a route update is sent out.
2. Characteristics of Classful IP Routing: Summarization occurs at the network boundary,
VLSM is not possible wit
Unit 3 Lab 3 Questions
1. The purpose of ARP is to find a MAC address from an IP address.
2. The purpose of DHCP is to assign device attributes to devices on IP networks.
3. The purpose of DNS is to allow organizations to a
Unit 6 Lab 6
1. Some benefits for implementing VLANs within a network are: performance, reduced
cost, and security.
2. High risk of virus issues, equipment limitations in very large networks, and more effective
Unit 4 Lab 4
List number of hosts: 256 and 21 open
List switches: Microsoft Windows Vista SPO SP2, Server 2008, or Windows 7 Ultimate (build
List routers: WAP
1. The tree types of IPv4 classes are C
Unit 7 Lab 7
1. A subnetwork, or subnet, is a rationally noticeable subdivision of an IP network.
2. An IP network that is formed from the combination of two or more networks (or subnets)
with a common Classless Inter-Domain
Unit 5 Lab 5
1. Wireless LAN (WLAN) links more than one device using some wireless distribution
method, and usually using an access point for connection for the wider internet.
2. Three advantages of WLAN are: mobility, eas
Unit 1 Lab 1
1. Show version
3. Not displayed
4. Config t
6. Ignores break, Boots into ROM if initial boot fails, 9600 console baud rate default value
for most platforms
7. Control break
8. Make a copy of
Lab 2 Assessment Questions
1. By disabling everything except for that one you want so Wireshark will filter the capture
file to show only those packets and just repeat the process for the other.
2. The details of a captured
Unit 2 Assignment 2: Evolution of Ethernet
Ethernet is to become really important for storage. Storage Area Networks (SAN)
disengage the storage task from an individual PC or server and make it more of a role of the