Parallel Circuits crass
Text, Sections 51 through 58
After Performing this experiment, you will be able to:
1. Demonstrate that the total resistance in a parallel circuit decreases
2- Compute and measure resistance and
the data from objective 1.
One 1.0 k, one 1.5 k0, one 2.2 k0.
One dc ammeter, 010 m
For Further Investigation:
one Cds photocell (J ameco 120299 or equivalent)
SUNHVIARY OF THEORY
The ow of electrical charge in a circuit is called current. Current is meas
Kirchhoffs Voltage Law
Notice in the series example
given earlier that the sum of
the resistor voltages is equal
to the source voltage.
:2: 2.74mA v2=4.11v P2=11.3mW';
its = 2.74m v3=s.03v P3=1s.smw';
11,-.- 2.74mA Vr=12v
ET-2640 Unit 2 Homework
Unit 2 Homework
Chapter 2: Problems 1, 3, 6, 7, 11, 13, 14, 23, 37, 42, 43,
1. Most registers in the 8051 are _16_ bits wide.
2. Registers R0 R7 are all _8_ bits wide.
3. Registers ACC and B are _8_ bits wide.
6. What is the result
ET2640-Unit 7 Lab
Serial Port Programming
unit 7 lab 1
1. The 8051 TxD and RxD signals _are_ (are, are not) TTL-compatible.
2. On the MDE8051 trainer, locate the MAX232. What is the role of the MAX233 (MAX232) chip?
Convert RS232 voltage to TTL voltage an
Unit 1 Homework From Chapters 0 & 1
0-1) Convert decimal to binary
0-2) Convert binary to decimal
0-3) Convert binary to hexadecimal
Unit 9 homework
Answer the Chapter 12 Problems 2-11, 13, 17, 21-27
Describe the function of pins E, R/W, and RS in the LCD
E- enables the screen
RS - 0- command register/ 1-select data register
What is the difference between the V_cc
Chapter 10: Problems 2-4, 6, 8, 15, 16, 29-35, 36(a, b, & c only), 40-43, & 46
2. True or false. 0- and 5-V digital pulses can be transferred on the telephone without being converted
(modulated). false since telephones require distance, we need to
What I did was a three way stop light system.
This is the circuit diagram
1 IC socket
3 electrolytic capacitors
Problems that I ran into
The only really prob
ET2640 Unit 8 Lab
8051 Interrupt Programming and Counters
1. Explain the role of the C/T bit in the TMOD register.
C/ T : It is ! for counter operations, and ) for timer operations. TMOD is an 8-bit SFR register. It
is only a byte addressable re
Lab 1 Timer Programming
1. What is the maximum frequency that can be generated using Mode 1 if the crystal frequency is
2. What is the lowest frequency that can be generated using Mode 1 if
Lab 1: Testing 8051 I/O Ports Using C
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Examine fundamental processor I/O interfacing methods.
Use simulation and debugging techniques to verify that software is operational.
Demonstrate the ability to u
ET 2640 Unit 4 Homework
Chapter 6: 1, 6, 12, 14, 16 (a, b, d, & e), 24 (a, b, & f), 28 (a, c, & e), & 45
Chapter 6 problems:
Find the Carry & AC flags for each of the following:
a. Mov A, #3FhCY=No carry out from D7
Add A, #45hac=1 carry from D3
Measurement of Name
After performin g this experiment, you will be able to: d
1. Determine the listed value of a resistor using the resistor color co 6-
2. Use the DMM (or VOM) to measure the value of a
6 Date .
° ' ° Class
8 Power In DC Circuits
After performing this experiment, you will be able to: I I . tame-
1- Determine the power in a variable resistor at vanous settmgs 0f 1335
ning when m
2. Plot data for power as a function
1 5 Constructing and Observing a Circuit
0 Construct a circuit on a solderless circuit board.
. . - ' ted circ
Identify parts used in the circuit including resrstors, a capacuor, an integra
. - . - ff.
0 Given the equation for the