Chapter 19 pg. 726
1. What changes does FTP make to an ASCII file when you download it in ASCII mode to a
Windows machine from a Linux server? What changes are made when you download the
file to a Mac?
February 12th 2013
NT1430 Unit 9 Review
Chapter 24 pg. 890
1. What kind of server responds to recursive queries? How does this server work?
DNS receives a query at which it returns the IP address of the domain.
2. What ki
Chatper 21 pg. 789
5. How does an LDAP directory differ from a relational database system?
It runs over TCP/IP and is network aware, it is standards-based, and available on
many platforms. IT can also hold a
Chapter 22 pg. 815
1. What are three reasons to use NFS?
2. Which command would you give to mount on the local system the /home directory
hierarchy that resides on the fi
Chapter 13 pg. 557
2. Which command would you give to update all installed packages using yum?
# yum update
3. Why would you build a package from its source code when a (binary) rpm file is
Chapter 18 pg. 699
1. What is the difference between the scp and sftp utilities?
Scp is a secured copy utility that transfers to and from a network remotely and
does not require a setup after installing. Sftp is the same
Chapter 14 pg. 582
1. Which commands can you use from the command line to send a file to the default
2. Which command would you give to cancel all print jobs on the system?
3. Which comma
1. What does the shell ordinarily do while a command is executing? What should you do if
you do not want to wait for a command to finish before running another command?
The shell waits for the process to finish.
Unit 2 Chapter Exercises
Chapter 5 Pg. 182
1. Which command can you use to determine who is logged in on a specific terminal?
3. What happens when you give the following commands if the file named done already