Unit 10 Lab
1) The alphanumeric string of the renamed Accounting OU is the globally unique identifier
of the Accounting object that was created last. This alphanumeric string indicates that
there was an Active Directory replication c
Unit 9 Lab
2) The Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 was not listed in the file.
3) The Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 was listed in the file.
4) The Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 was being installed during the logon process.
5) The Microsoft
Unit 9 Exercise 1
To: Business Manager
I received your email, and in the following are the responses to what you wrote to me. You
stated that you already have an existing Active Directory environment. This AD environment
Unit 9 Assignment 1
You can use Windows Server 2008 Group Policy to manage configurations for groups of
computers and users, including options for registry-based policy settings, security settings,
software deployment, scripts, folde
1) There was no option to select properties
2) There was an option to select properties. This tells me that the group policy setter is set
to certain groups, giving options and taking options from cert
Unit 8: Assignment 1
Windows Defender, formerly known as Microsoft AntiSpyware, is a software
product that helps combat malware. Windows Defender was initially an antispyware
program; it is included with Windows Vista and Windows 7 a
1) No, I was not able to reset the password. It gave me an access is denied warning.
2) I was successful the second time because I moved into the administrator, acting as the
administrator through the
Unit 7 Assignment
Dear Business Manager
Your first line of defense on the Web is creating the strongest password possible to
protect your computer, your data and your online accounts. That may sound like common
sense, but hackers hav
1) Schema Admin group cannot create nor delete any sites. Domain Admin group can
create and delete sites. Enterprise Admin group can create and delete any sites.
2) Enterprise Admin group can create an
Unit 6 Assignment 1
Dear Junior Admin,
I just received your email, and took some time concidering all the applications that you
sent me. With that, I would recommend the following steps to ensure that the design goes
smoothly and the
Unit 5 Assignment 1
The Active Directory Installation Wizard performs the initial placement of roles on domain
controllers. This placement is frequently correct for directories that have just a few domain
controllers. In a directory
1) No. With my VMs, both were already set to the highest level it could, and gave me no
options to change it to a lower setting.
2) The message states that the the user cannot login until the user has been verified
Unit 4 Assignment 1
Dear IT Department,
A well-designed replication topology is the key to an efficient Active Directory infrastructure.
There are certain guidelines that you will want to follow to ensure that everything will be done
Unit 4 Lab 4
1) The name of the site that was created by default when I installed Active Directory
Domain Services role is called Default-First-Site-Name.
2) There are two servers listed in the folder, and they are Serve
Unit 3 Assignment 1
A domain controller is a server that responds to security authorization requests
within a Windows Server Domain. The first question that I would ask to determine the
number of DCs would be How many domain controll
1. What does this window indicate must be done next?
In the warning, it states that Windows automatic update is not enabled. To install the
latest updates, use Windows Update in Control Panel to check for updates.
Unit 2 Assignment 1
Dear Junior Admin,
The first thing that I would do would be to check the DHCP settings and
configurations and ensure that they are all set up properly, and correctly configured.
Also, try renewing the IP address t
1) This is because that options is only available if the DNS server is a writeable domain
2) The Domain99.com (I had to use this instead of Contoso99.com) box appeared. Inside
was the Start of Authority (SOA) and Na
Unit 1 Assignment 1
In order for any host to communicate with another host on a network, each host
must have an IP address. DHCP (Dynamic Host Control Protocol) is a client/server
protocol that automatically provides an IP host with
1) DNS is required to ping Server99 by name.
1) It obtained the information from the IP address I entered in the earlier exercises from the