1. What is the most common alphanumeric coding scheme for binary data?
2. What protocol is the most widely used for LANs? ethernet
3. What are two common problems that occur with unshielded twisted-pair wiring? Wire can break or
4. What doe
1. All communication systems are constrained by what?
All communications systems are constrained by Bandwidth
2. What factor determines the amount of carrier frequency deviation?
Intelligence amplitude determines the amount of car
1. What type of orbit do geostationary orbits use?
2. Define transponder?
Electronic system performing reception, frequency translation and
3. Define skipping?
Refracting and reflecting action of ionosphere and
1. How analog signals are quantized to the closest digital value?
Analog signals are quantized to the closest binary value are provided in
the digitizing system.
2. What is required to increase the resolution of a digitizing system?
1. What is the most important advantage of SSB systems?
The available frequency spectrum is utilized more effectively.
2. What was developed as a result of the search for a communications
technique that was immune to noise?
FM communication was