NT110_Yashira Franqui_Module4_Short Answer4.1
July 14, 2014
Differentiate between File Allocation Table (FAT) 32 and New Technology File
System (NTFS) file systems.
1. Which file system is intended primarily for use in large USB flash drives? Support
Computer Structure and Logic
The organization of a computer is examined in a typical operating systems environment.
Terminology and underlying principles related to major computer functions are discussed in the
NT1110_Yashira Franqui_Module 5_Lab 5.1
Understanding BIOS, POST, and Security Basics
Task 1: Understanding BIOS and POST
The computer using AMI BIOS is indicating an error of 8042-gate A20
failure/keyboard controller BAT test error. In order to correct t
July 7, 2014
Task 1: Examine the Motherboard
1. Examine the following motherboard. One interesting thing you will see is the use of two BIOS chips.
The M-BIOS chip is the Main BIOS chip and the B-BIOS chip is t
NT110_Yashira Franqui_Module5_Short Answer5.1
August 18, 2014
Understanding the BIOS and POST
1. Why is it necessary to use ROM for the BIOS and not RAM?
RAM chips require a constant source of power to retain any information on it. Once the
computer is tu
NT110_Yashira Franqui_Module3_Short Answer3.1
July 7, 2014
1. What are the major components of the motherboard? Provide a brief description of
The following are the main components found on a computer motherboard:
Memory and memory slots:
NT1110_Yashira Franqui_Module 6_Lab_ 6.1
Required Setup and Resources:
A computer with access to the Internet
Before starting work on Task 1, perform the following steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Click the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
NT1110_Yashira Franqui_Module1_Short Answer
June 16, 2014
The Purpose and Functions of an Operating System
The purpose and function of an operating system is very important with it being the main
component of your computer and for other various reasons. T