May 30, 2014
Unit 10. Exercise 1. AD Troubleshooting Scenario: Troubleshooting
The most important feature to anything you do computerized is how much free space
your system currently has. This is accomplished by running disk def
Unit 8, Exercise 1. AD OU Planning Scenario
How many sub departments will there be?
How many departments will there be?
How many OUs will be needed within each Parent OU?
Will departments be required to share resources?
May 9, 2014
Unit 7. Assignment 1AD Password Policy Planning
A strong password would be on that is anywhere from 6 to 12 characters,
the characters should include upper case, lower case letters, numbers and
special characters. Also the
Unit 6 Problems
Remote Desktop: Based on the former Terminal Services
System image backup: Saves data to a VHD
BranchCache: Conserves WAN bandwidth
Distributed Cache Mode: Files cached on each client
Volume Shadow Copies: P
April 25, 2014
There is an easy way to determine the roles that each DC holds; the easy
way would be using ntdsutil.
The dcdiag its more of a diagnostic tool to identify abnormal behavior in
Here are the
Unit 6 Exercise 1
1. Triangulation is getting resources from 3 types of sources, this helps finding reliable
2. Primary Sources are actual records or artifacts and are considered more reliable,
secondary sources ar
April 17, 2014
For Branch 1
1. We will set up a Help Desk that will handle all troubleshooting and replications.
2. I will add a redundant 56k POTS line for back up.
3. The replication will
April 18, 2014
Unit 3 Assignment 1 Active Directory Design Scenario
Questions I would ask to design the active directory are?
1. How many sites does our business have? I need to know this to determine how many
intersite connections I
April 12, 2014
DNS, or Domain Name Service, is usually considered worth creating by several
different reasons. If you tend to switch around machines, IP addresses, ISPs, or are
maintaining a bunch of web add