7 A resolver will append several different domains to an unqualified Domain Name producing
FQDNS that passes them one at a time.
9 A Primary Master Server that provides recursive answers is the most vulnerable t
# up2date -u or up2date -upgrade
# yum update
4 Automatic dependency resolution; faster installation; easier deployment
4 Alternatively, you could use the next command, which not
Unit 2 Home work
1. finger, w, who,whoami , who am i
2. By using the mesg n command it will prevent users from having the write to
communicate. You would use this if you did not want to be disturbed or to prevent
LDAP differs from a relational database in that instead of holding information in rows and
columns, it implements and LDAP directory as a hierarchical data structure that groups with
1. Unix, Linux, etc uses only a line feed at the end of each line. So transferring to a
Window will add a carriage return to each line.
New Mac's are Linux-based, transferring from a Linux to a Mac shouldn't c
1. The SCP (secure copy) utility copies an ordinary or directory file from one system to
another on a network SFTP is a secure FTP Client.
2. Assuming you have the same username on both systems, the following
6. Either use the SELinux tab of the Security Level Configuration window
displayed by system-config-securitylevel to change the SELinux setting to
Disabled or put the following line in /etc/sysconfig/selinux:
Instructor: Bill Pepitone
Ch 1 end of chapter questions/exercises #2, #4, #7, #9.
Ch 2 end of chapter questions/exercises #3, #5.
Ch 3 end of chapter questions/exercises #1, #6, #7.
Ch 11 end of chapter questions/exercis
NT1430 Final Exam Study Guide
1. Which partitions does Linux use when all the information that Linux is processing cannot
be stored in RAM? Chapter 2, pp. 38-39
2. Fedora supports _i386 i686 _ architectures. Chapter 2, pp. 30-31
3. _/_ represents the