Unit 4 Research
1. Advantages of global variables: any variables that need to be constant, small programs,
some programs provide minimal support for non-global variables, when jumping through
complicated hoops to not use a global when it really should be
Unit 4 Assignment 1
1. They allow you to call them at any time using the name versus rewriting the module each time it is
2. A header and a body
3. It returns control back to the line below the line that called it.
4. A local variable
Unit 3 Research
Reverse engineering is the process of analyzing or taking apart a technology or program specifically to
determine how it was made or operates.
Able to duplicate something and make your own for profit, learn how to make somethin
Dim creditsTaken As Double = 0
Dim creditsLeft As Double = 0
Dim studentName As String = 0
Const creditsNeeded As Double = 90
Console.WriteLine("Enter your name: ")
studentName = Console.ReadLine()
Const fiberCost As Double = 0.87
Dim companyName As String = "NO VALUE"
Dim numFeet As Double = 0
Dim totalCost As Double = 0
Console.WriteLine("Enter company name: ")
companyName = Console.ReadLine()
Program retrieves students name & credits taken to calc credits lef
Declare Real creditsTaken
Declare Real creditsLef
Declare String studentName
Constant Real creditsNeeded = 90
Display What is your name?
Display How many credits
Unit 3 Assignment 1
5. What 2 things must you normally specify in a variable declaration?
Ensure theyre initialized with the correct value or receive the correct value from an assignment
6. What value is stored in uninitialized vari
Unit 2 Research
Java Naming Rules:
Variable names are case-sensitive. A variable's name can be any legal identifier an
unlimited-length sequence of Unicode letters and digits, beginning with a letter, the dollar
sign "$", or the underscore character "_".
Unit 2 Homework 1
Short Answers (1-4)
1. A professional programmer usually works with the directly with the customer in determining exactly
what the program is supposed to do.
2. Pseudocode is fake code without syntax and not meant to be compiled, but use