2. A central office is found in the local telephone network and has all of the
subscriber lines terminating on an MDF. A local class 5 switch is also
located in the central office as is trunking circuits
IT 321 Fri Week 5 Telcom
1. f- all of the above
2. a = true
5. b = false
10. b = false
11. a =true
13. e =b, c, d
19. b =false
20. f =a, c, d
22. I = a, d, f
23. a =true
24. c = white, red, black, yellow, violet
IT 321 Fri Week 4 Telcom
8. d- counteract the capacitive effect on the circuit allowing the signal to
travel farther down the line.
12. h- all of the above
15. f-scattering, absorption, and radiation
IT 321 Fri Week 3 Telcom
4) Most carriers deploy two MGCs, one a primary MGC and one as a backup.
6) d- Connecting to the local central office switch.
10) RTP works with the layer 4 protocol UDP to c
IT 321 Fri Week 2 Telcom
Holly Stark pg 279 2-16
2. Ringing voltage signaling is the method used to tell the subscriber that someone is
4. Each digit on a rotary dial has a defined number of pulses that click when dialed and
IT 321 Fri Week 1 Telcom
2. a) CPS- Acronym for central processing system. It Refers to the brains of the switch.
b) NCP-Network control processor-The mini brains of the switch.
c) ICS-Interface Controller-This is the interface between the NCP
Week 1 Notes
Chapter 9 Telecom Book
CPS Central Processing System
Does system recovery, software upgrades, stores routing information, distributes
information to subsystems and billing.
NPA NXX XXXX
Area Code Exchange Code Subscriber Line Number