Home work 5
1. A software routine, which also acts as a filter that blocks certain types of incoming and
outgoing traffic, while enabling other types is called a Firewall.
2. The Network and settings tool provides a central access poi
1. Which of the following service priority guidelines are not accurate?
2. Place these troubleshooting steps in the correct order, using the procedure described in this
lesion as your guide?
3. Which of
1. What is the term used to describe a read-only copy of a user profile stored on a network
2. When you create a new user account with the user Account control panel,
1. An image file that contains an entire workstation configuration, including all applications,
packages, and configuration settings, is called a Thick image.
2. The two programs that make up the User State Migration Tool are
What are the major functions of an operating system?
An operating system manages hardware, runs applications, provides an interface for users, and
stores, retrieves, and manipulates files.
Resource management function of an OS allocates com
Knowledge Assessment 496-497
1. Which of the following wireless networking standards uses spatial multiplexing to increase
2. Which of the following wireless security protoc
Knowledge Assessment pages 270-271 and 323-325
1. What are the names of the two security zones in Internet Explorer that have no sites in them
by default? (D) Restricted Sites
Knowledge Assessment page 25
1. The general public in the United States will be able to purchase all of the windows 7
editions in retail stores except starter, home basic, and enterprise .
2. The core module that provides all of the Windows 7
2.23 What is the main advantage for an operating-system designer of using a virtualmachine architecture? What is the main advantage for a user?
The advantage an operating-system designer would have using a virtual machine would
IT. 109 Homework
Chapter 1 1.1 -1.6 (page42)
1.1 What are the three main purpose of an operating system?
The main purpose of an operating system provides an environment for a computer user
to execute programs on computer hardware in a convenient and effic
1. By default, Windows 7 standards users are permitted to install plug and play devices only if
their drivers are signed.
2. The debilitating condition in which files are stored as cluster scattered all over a