Chapter 22: PG 815, Exercise 1-6
Ch. 22 Exercise 1-6
1.What are three reasons to use NFS?
2) Remote storage
3) Reduce the workload of administrator
2.Which command would you give to mount on the local system th
Compare and Contrast IPv6 to IPv4:
IPv4 and IPv6 are the internet protocols applied at the network layer. IPv4 is the most widely
used protocol right now and IPv6 is the next generation protocol for internet.
IPv4 is the fourth version
Ch. 24: PG 890: Exercise 1-7
1. What kind of server responds to recursive queries? How does this server work?
A DNS server. A recursive query send a domain name to a DNS server and tasks the server to return the IP
WK 9 Labs
Unit 9 Lab 1 (Ch 11 Lab 3)
[Tomcuneo69@localhost ~]$ su
[root@localhost tomcuneo69]# /var/lib/dhclient
bash: /var/lib/dhclient: Is a directory
[root@localhost tomcuneo69]# var/lib
bash: var/lib: No such fi
Ch. 21: PG 789: Exercise 5-6
5. How does an LDAP directory differ from a relational database system?
LDAP differs from a relational database in that instead of holding information in rows and columns,
it implements and LDAP directo
Chapter 13: PG 557 Exercise 2-4 & Advanced Exercise 5
Ch. 13 Exercise 2-4
2. Which command would you give to update all installed packages using yum?
# yum update
3. Why would you build a package from its source code when a binary
Chapter 18: PG 699 Exercise 1-6 & Chapter 20: PG 757 Exercise 1-6
Ch. 18 Exercise pg. 699
1. What is the difference between the scp & sftp utilities?
scp can only be used for transferring files, its non-interactive while sftp is mo
Chapter 18 Lab 1: Using SSH For Remote System Administration
[Tomcuneo69@localhost ~]$ ssh mark@server
ssh: connect to host server port 22: Connection refused
[Tomcuneo69@localhost ~]$ free -m
Chapter 5: PG 182 Exercise 1,3,4,8,10 & Chapter 6: PG 221 Exercise 1,2,3,4,6
Ch. 5 Exercise pg. 182
1: What command can you use to determine who is logged in on a specific Terminal?
The who command.
3: What happens when you give th
CH 14, Exercise Questions 1-5
1. Which commands can you use from the command line to send a file to the default printer?
A: lp or lpr
2. Which command would you give to cancel all print jobs on the system?
3. Which c
CH 7, Exercise Questions 1,3,4,8
1. What does the shell ordinarily do while a command is executing? What should you do if you do not want to
wait for a command to finish before running another command? A: The shell waits for the pr
After Gaining Root Privileges
Using su (no Dash!)
After Gaining Root Privileges
Using su -
Lab 11 Exercises
Name _ Date _
1. How does single-user mode differ from multiuser mode?
2. How would you communicate each of the following messages?
a. The system is coming down tomorrow at 6:00 in the evening for periodic maintenance.
b. The system is co
CH 4, Lab 1:
2a: IP Address: 192.168.119.129
Default Router: 192.168.119.2
CH 11, Lab 1:
2c: Changes from (cmd) Command Line to (GUI) Graphical User Interfaces.
2g: Required a restart & log in prompt fo