Momentum and Energy
Momentum means inertia in motion.
Momentum = Mass of object x its velocity
(mom. = m x v)
Momentum is a form of energy you can
not destroy it, but you can change its form
Factors Affecting Moment
Unit Lab 3.2 Temperature and Heat
2. Click the blue Pause button. Select Solid on the Change State panel.
a. Describe the shape the molecules take and the interactions that occur the instant you
select solid state.
Answer: All the molecules
Unit 1 Lab 1: Kinematics in one Dimension
4. Use the graphs you completed in the previous step to answer the following questions using the
time interval from 2 to 3 seconds:
a. What type of curveslinear or parabolicdo you see in each of the gra
Lab 3.1: Gas Properties
2. Using the Layer tool, determine where in the chamber the pressure is:
a. The highest:
Answer: The pressure is at the highest at the bottom of chamber
b. The lowest:
Answer: The pressure is at the lowest at the top
Lab 2 Energy
3. Where is the skateboarder located on the track when his kinetic energy is the:
a. highest? 3,000
b. lowest? 0
4. Where is the skateboarder located on the track when his potential energy is the:
a. highest? 3952.45
b. lowest? 952.45
Linear and Rotational
Computing Velocity and
& = (
V f =Vo + at 2
Velocity & Acceleration Calc.
How Fast Will It Fall ?
Vectors and Scalars
A vector is a directional quantity. Both
scalar and vectors have magnitude.
Vectors should be only added in the same
direction, i.e., the horizontal (x) or vertical
Do not mix types of