1. Which of the following is an example of a HCPCS Level I code?
2. Hospital inpatient procedures and interventions are reported using
B. Volume 3 of ICD-9-CM and HCPCS Level I.
3. For outpatient procedures, the CMS requires reporting codes using
1. When coding back disorders, which of the following conditions should always be considered
for inclusion in the code?
2. Laminectomy when performed with excision of herniated disc shouldnt be coded separately
because this procedure is
1. Which of the following would be coded within the HCPCS Level II series code range of A4206
D. Sterile needle
2. HCPCS Level II drugs are listed mainly in which of the following coding sections?
C. J codes
3. HCPCS Level II modifiers may be used
1. The physical presence or existence of a condition that can be observed by the physician is a/an
2. One of the reasons E codes are used is to indicate which of the following?
D. Location of an accident
3. Which of the following best describes la
1. Which of the following code categories should be chosen over codes from other chapters for
the same condition?
A. Complications of pregnancy
2. Pyuria or bacteria in the urine should be coded to
3. A patient returns to learn the results of an
1. Which of the following is the correct set of coding guidelines that physicians are required to
A. ICD-9-CM codes for diagnoses and HCPCS codes for procedures and services
2. In a physicians office, coding and billing is done for which of the fo
1. Vomiting of blood may indicate which of the following types of hemorrhage?
A. Acute upper GI
2. Which of the following conditions is/are the most common cause(s) of upper GI bleed?
B. Intestinal ulcers
3. A patient is admitted with a small pouch extend
1. Conditions such as myocardial infarction and angina pectoris are included in which code
2. A myocardial infarction that occurred three weeks ago should be coded to category
3. Dont assign code 412 as a secondary code w
1. The goals of Physician Payment Reform are to decrease expenditures for Medicare, as well as,
distribute physicians payments more fairly than they were before. Lastly, the reform is to help
ensure that people can receive quality healthcare at reasonable
1. Outpatient coding is considered to be more simplified than inpatient coding. In Outpatient
coding, the patient does not stay within the hospital for a long period of time and typically only
the procedure performed is needed to be coded. However, in Inp