ATI 46 :
1. A. CORRECT: The nurse should instruct the client to
check with the provider about taking current medication,
because some medications can be withheld when taking
polyethylene glycol due to their lack of absorption.
B. The nurse should instruct
ATI Ch. 56
1. A. Clients do not receive any contrast dye for this procedure, as they would for excretory urography.
B. Clients do not receive an enema before this procedure, because it does not affect the gastrointestinal
C.The client will lie sup
ATI Ch. 47
1.A. A report of sharp, constant abdominal pain is associated with bowel perforation.
B. Decreased urine output is associated with bladder perforation during a paracentesis.
C.Pallor may indicate hypovolemia related to fluid removal of ascites
ATI Ch. 63
1. A. Although some females experience the onset of menstruation as early as age 9, the average age is 12.4 years of age.
B. CORRECT: Although a typical menstrual cycle is 28 days, a range of 23 to 35 days is considered a regular menstrual cycl
ATI Ch. 50
1.A. Damage to parietal cells has occurred, which leads to pernicious anemia and causes a decrease of
the intrinsic factor by the stomach parietal cells.
B. CORRECT: The nurse should include in the information that the client
will receive a mon
ATI Ch. 48
1. A. CORRECT: Antacids neutralize gastric acid which
irritates the esophagus during reflux.
B. CORRECT: Histamine2 receptor antagonists decrease acid secretion, which contributes to reflux.
C. Opioid analgesics are not effective in treating GE
1.A. CORRECT: The client should perform Kegel exercises 30 to 80 times a day.
B.CORRECT: The client should contract her circumvaginal and perirectal muscles as if trying to stop
the flow of urine or passing flatus.
C. CORRECT: The client should hol
1. A. CORRECT: An occlusive dressing can enhance the efficacy of the topical corticosteroid on the
B. Corticosteroid cream is applied twice daily to prevent development of local and systemic adverse
C. CORRECT: Gloves worn
1. A. CORRECT: Manifestations of perforation
include a rigid, board-like abdomen.
B. CORRECT: Tachycardia occurs due to gastrointestinal
bleeding that accompanies a perforation.
C. Hypotension is an expected finding in a client
who has a perforatio
ATI Ch. 51
1. A. Profuse emesis is an expected finding for a client who has a small bowel obstruction. The nurse
does not need to report this finding to the provider.
B. CORRECT: This urine specific gravity is greater than the expected reference range of
1. A. CORRECT: Suppression of the immune system places the client at risk for infection.
B. CORRECT: The overproduction of cortisol inhibits the production of a protective mucus lining in
the stomach and causes an increase in the amount of gastric
ATI Ch. 45
1. A. These arterial blood gases indicate metabolic alkalosis.
B. These arterial blood gases indicate respiratory alkalosis.
C. CORRECT : An aspirin overdose would result in arterial blood gas findings of
D. These arterial b
ATI Ch. 61
1. A.Tachycardia is a manifestation associated with a client who has renal calculi.
B. CORRECT: Diaphoresis is a manifestation associated with a client who has renal calculi.
C. Oliguria is a manifestation associated with a client who has renal
1. A. Decreased serum T4 is an expected finding for a client who has hypothyroidism.
B. CORRECT: Decreased serum T3is an expected finding for a client who has hypothyroidism.
C. Decreased thyroid stimulating hormone level is an expected finding in
1. A. The client should wear a sling to immobilize the arm of the affected shoulder to limit activity and
B. CORRECT: The client should inspect the incision for evidence of infection, such as redness,
swelling, or purulent drainage
1. A. This medication produces passive-artificial immunity that lasts only several weeks or months.
B. This medication produces passive-artificial immunity and is given one time after exposure to
C. CORRECT: This medication produces pa
1. A. Backache occurs in the presence of prostate cancer that has spread to other areas of the body.
B. CORRECT: In the presence of BPH, pressure on urinary structures leads to urinary stasis, which in
turn promotes the occurrence of urinary tract
1. A. CORRECT: A sunburn is a superficial thickness burn. Superficial burns damage the top layer of
B. A superficial partial-thickness burn results from flames or scalds. This damages the entire epidermis
layer of the skin.
C. A deep part
1. A. CORRECT: A decrease in serum sodium is caused by an increase in the secretion of ADH.
B. A urine specific gravity greater than 1.030 is caused by an increase in the secretion of ADH.
C. CORRECT: A decrease in serum osmolarity is caused by an
1. A. Neutropenia is a neutrophil count less than 2,000/mm3.
B. CORRECT: Leukocytosis is a WBC count greater than 10,000/mm3, which can indicate
inflammation or infection.
C. A left shift is an increase in immature neutrophils (bands or stabs) that
Incidence of Cervical
Cancer among Hispanics
Mariluz Vazquez RN,BSN
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Dr. Zahira Sanabria
Almost exclusively caused by HPV infection.
Cell changes leading to cance
Support HR 1247
The Improve Veterans Access
to Quality Care Act of 2015
Name: Mariluz Vazquez
Title: RN, BSN
Keiser University Student, ARNP, FNP
High Demand for Primary Care
Number of enrollees in
VHA services increased
by more than 2 million
Running head: SOCIAL MEDIA AGAINST SMOKING
Use of social media to prevent smoking among young people
Mariluz Vazquez RN, BSN
NUR 510G3 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Instructor: Dr. Z. Sanabria
December 17, 2016
SOCIAL MEDIA A
Running head: CONGRESSIONAL LETTER
Health Care Policy-Reform Congressional Letter
Mariluz Vazquez RN, BSN
NUR 520. Health Systems, Policy, and Resources Management
Instructor: Dr. Edward Briggs
Health Care Policy
Good morning Senator! Im pleased to meet you. My name is Mariluz Vazquez, and I am
a Nurse Practitioner in Lakeland, Florida. I would like to talk to you about how you can help
eliminate health disparities for rural areas i
Diffuse Axonal Injury
Secondary to Trauma
Advanced Pathophysiology for Practice (NUR 650G3)
Dr. Terence McGarvey
This is a 24 years old male who arrived to the Trauma
Intensive Care Unit (TICU) status post Motor Veh