1. Smooth Muscle
a. Hollow organs, intestines, urinary bladder.
b. All blood vessels except capillaries.
c. ATP t r iggered by Calcium from intracellular stores or from outside
d. Involuntary, autonomic nervous system.
e. Myocardial cells contain sodium a
1. A skeletal muscle is composed of muscle fibers/myofibers. Which are
surrounded by a plasma membrane/sarcolemma. Which is surrounded by
a. Muscle fibers are grouped into fascicles by connective t issues,
perimysium, again surround
1. the lungs contain a conducting zone and a respiratory zone <
a. the conducting zone
i. t rachea, bronchi, bronchioles.
b. Respiratory zones,
i . Respiratory bronchioles. > containing individual alveoli, and alveolar sacs.
c. the central par
1. Male Reproductive System
a. Gametes- Sperm and egg cells
b. Gonads- produce gametes(primary sexual organ: testes in males and
ovaries in females.
1. Seminiferous tubules. Hollow tubes accounts for 90% of testis
a. Contains Leydig
1. The digestive system includes the mouth, pharynx, stomach, small intestine, and large
intestine, as well as the accessory digestive organs, the teeth and salivary glands in the
head and the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas
U r ine is formed by Nephrons in the kidneys
1. Ur ine formed by the kidneys is channeled through the ureters to the urinary
b ladder, and out of the urinary bladder in the urethra.
2. Two sphincter are responsible for urination, called mictur
Chapter 10. Blood and Circulation
1. The plasma is the liquid portion of the blood.
a. Hematocrit, process which reveals the proportion of the packed red blood
cells to the total volume of the blood sample.
b. Blood clots.
c. Serum is the liquid portion o
1. Endocrine System
a. Includes pituitary, thyroid, and adrenal glands. And other important body
i. Heart secrets a hormone that stimulates salt and water excretion by
t he kidneys
ii. Brain secrets a number of hormones that relate to th
1. Appetite regulators
a. Reproductive system
b. Male anatomy physiology
c. Hormonal regulations
d. Spermtil genesis
2. Hypothalamus hunger + satiety
a. Appetite decreases
v. Amiphetamine + Cocaine
b. Increases appet
a. Lipids soluble
i. Cross the cell membrane by diffusion.
ii. Receptors for these hormones are located inside the cells
iii. Usually travel by binding to proteins
iv. Steroids, made from cholestrols.
v. Thyroid hormones iodi
Bio 26 chapter review questions
1. Conducting zone of the lungs include, trachea, terminal bronchioles, and primary bronchi.
2. Gas exchange/alveoli (primary gas exchange component)
a. Gas exchange by diffusion, 2 cells separating the air and