What is the big bang hypothesis/theory?
Compare and contrast the Milky Way galaxy and the solar system.
What is nuclearfusion?
Which is the most abundant element in the universe?
How are the heavier elements formed?
How are the heaviest
1. A normally graded pile of sediments means
b) coarse components on top, fine at bottom
2. Terrigeneous sediments come from
a) outer space
a) fine components on top, coarse at
c) layers of mixed components
SIO 30 Discussion: October 19, 2015
1. The Solar System includes SUN AND EARTH AND PLANTESIMALS (includes
moons and smaller things that arent considered planets but are
2. According to the condensation theory (periodic table s
SIO 30: October 21, 2015
Tides 1: Basic
The moon and earth rotate around each other. This means that if youre on the Earth,
there are two forces at play.
o Gravity that pulls you towards the moon, which is the force which makes them
rotate around each ot
SIO 30 Biological Oceanography questions for last years final exam .
1. Which of these gases is the least soluble in sea water: (a) diatomic nitrogen; (b) methane;
(c) hydrogen sulfide; (d) carbon monoxide; (e) carbon dioxide.
2. The sea was
The Oceans: October 12, 2015
Forces acting on the Earth
a. Points downward and in
b. On earth, gravity is not uniform
2. Centifugal force
a. Points outwards from the axis of rotation (perpendicular to the
axis of rotation).
b. It goes out and t
Test version: JANUARY
SIO 01: The Planets
Final Exam Friday, 3/21/2014
This exam is all multiple choice, 96 questions
Each question is worth 2 points, no penalty for wrong answers
Use the Scantron sheet provided
Use a #2 pencil (do not use ink
Gulfweed (=Sargasso weed) is most abundant in the
b. Western Pacific
Eastern Tropical Pacific
d. Indian Ocean
2. In recent years, the calories supporting the human race have been obtained mainly from
A wild mar