Answer Key for Final Practice Problems
1. Suppose that annual stock market returns are normally distributed with mean 6% and variance 16%.
(a) If you invest in stocks, what is the probability that you will see a positive annual return?
Let X be stock retu
Winter 2008 140C [Quiz 11
Last N31110:! A
Fist Flamm f
A) Provide a synthetic strategy for the following reaction. Show a detailed mechanism for all steps.
HOMOH E? \Ao
0 x2- B) Complete the fol
Preparing for the second midterm exam:
This exam will cover all the material since the first midterm exam, starting from lactate and ethanol
fermentation. It will cover up through the pentose phosphate pathway and glycogen metabolism; on
the lecture sched
Fall Quarter 2008
Midterm Exam 1 (270 pts.)
1) (18 pts) The structure of the amino acid, threonine, is shown below. For each of the
following, circle each atom in, and clearly label: a. the alpha-carbon; b. the alphaamino group; c. the R-group. 6 p
1st Midterm Exam
1: This exam consists of 6 pages, including this page. (Page #6 is blank). At the beginning of the
examination period, put your name at the top of each page.
2. This exam accounts for 25%
1: This exam consists of 10 pages, including this page. (Page 10 is blank). At the beginning of
the examination period, put your name at the top of each page.
2. This exam accounts for 50% of
BIBC 102 Metabolic Biochemistry
Spring 2015 Exam 1 (285 points)
Section 1Do this part of the exam first:
1) (6 pts.) Enzymes catalyze chemical reactions by decreasing the entropy of the reactants such that the
reaction can proceed. Which stateme