1. A group is any number of people with similar norms, values, and expectations who
interact with one another on a regular basis. Some examples of groups are the members
of a womens basketball team, or an orchestra.
2. One gr
1. The functionalist perspective views the family as a unit that performs an essential
function to society. It teaches the children how to socialize while also providing
emotional support for its members. They view family pro
1. The sociological perspective I decided to go with was the conflict perspective. I think that
the conflict theorist would see stratification as a disruption between the social classes.
They would view stratification as the
1. The federal government approached bootlegging the same way that they approve illegal
drugs today. To them, it was very looked down on to drink or bootleg alcohol during this
time. The organized crime that came around durin
1. There are multiple ways to look at economic inequality. One of the most basic
approaches to look at the subject is to look at how much income flows in and out of
groups that are at different points on the econom
When evaluating myself on a habit that needs changed for the worksheet I came to the realization
that smoking was the biggest obstacle. I started this bad habit at the age of seventeen, and have
continued it now for six years. It
1. What is the most important thing you learned in this learning plan?
a. The most important thing that I learned from this learning plan was all the
different types of psychology. I honestly have always believed that ther
1. Globalization is the worldwide integration of government policies, cultures, social
movements, and financial markets through trade and the exchange of ideas.
Ethnocentrism refers to the tendency to assume that ones
1. Prejudice is a negative attitude toward an entire category of people, often ethnic or racial
minority. Discrimination is the denial of opportunities and equal right to individuals and
groups because of prejudice. Even thou
1. When young people are growing up, both men and women, they experience socialization
from their parents and friends as well as media to understand the norm of social
standards. While many may believe that biological predisp