Breckinridge School of Nursing
NU1220 Medical Terminology & Dosage Calculations
Non-graded Practice for Dosage Calculations
Show your work
1. Order: Amoxicillin 150 mg PO TID
Parameter: 10 mg-15 mg/kg/day in three divided doses
WHAT IT IS
IRRITATION OF THE
Pictures from the Internet
FLOW TO THE
IC PLAQUE BUILDUP IN THE
SIMPLENURSING.COM 82% OR HIGHER ON YOUR NEXT NURSING TEST
Angiotensin (AN-jee-oh-ten-sin)converting enzyme (ACE)
inhibitors treat high blood
pressure, certain heart
conditions, and kidney disease
Treats high blood pressure and
Retention of CO2, hypoventilation
Lactic acid build up
Hyperventilation, too much CO2 blown off
'. ,' 'f','
CwH'T'fZ ~ CD
BASIC NURSING CONCEPTS.
, . Hospital policy and the Nurses Practice Act of each state determine the conditions of
Licensed Nursinl Practice
\'.~. Nllrsesue lepJly manda
Chapter 34: Sexuality
1. A nurse is caring for a 15-year-old who in the past 6 months has had multiple male and female
sexual partners. The nurse knows that the therapeutic statement that would be most effective is
a. I know you feel invin
Chapter 33: Self-Concept
1. The nursing student can help geriatric patients self-concept by using which technique?
a. Discussing current weather
b. Reviewing old photos with patients
c. Encouraging patients to sing
d. Allowing patients ext
Chapter 29: Vital Signs
1. The posterior hypothalamus helps control temperature by
a. Causing vasoconstriction.
b. Shunting blood to the skin and extremities.
c. Increasing sweat production.
d. Causing vasodilation.
If the posterior
Chapter 28: Infection Prevention and Control
1. The nurse is caring for a patient with pneumonia with a new nurse in orientation. Which of the
following statements by the new nurse would indicate an understanding of the nature of this
Chapter 25: Patient Education
1. A nurse is asked about the goal of patient education. What is the nurses best response? The
goal of educating others is to help people
a. Meet standards of the Nurse Practice Act.
b. Achieve optimal levels
Chapter 13: Young and Middle Adults
1. According to some developmental theorists, intellectual development and moral development
differ between men and women. What did Gilligan propose?
a. As women progress toward adulthood, concepts, mora
Chapter 11: Developmental Theories
1. When caring for a middle-aged adult exhibiting maladaptive coping skills, the nurse is trying
to determine the cause of the patients behavior. From a growth and development perspective,
what should the
Intravenous fluids and how they work in the body to maintain homeostasis and fluid balance
o When the solutions on both sides of a selectively permeable membrane have established equilibrium or
are equal in concentration,