1. (30 points) Draw the state diagram and state table of a Mealy type sequence
recognizer that has an input w and an output z. The FSM has to generate z = 1 when
the four values of w were 1001; otherwise, z = 0. Overlapping is NOT allo
1. (10 points) Problem 6.3. Use 2-to-1 multiplexers only. Use w1 as the selection signal for the
2. (10 points) Re-do the above problem using w2 as the selection signal for the last-stage
3. (10 poi
Pre-lab needs to be completed prior to lab session on lab day.
A home security system is composed of a master switch, 3 sensors (one is at a front door,
one is at windows, one is at a back door), an alarm, lights, and video cameras. The
Note: it is very important that you can do these problems independently and correctly. If you have
difficulties, please seek immediate help.
1. (10 points) Problem 4.15.
2. (10 points) Problem 4.16.
3. (10 points) Derive the simplified
1. (10 points) Derive the simplified SOP or POS expression for the circuits on Slides 18 and 19
of Chapter 6 notes.
2. (10 points) Design a circuit using 4-to-1 multiplexers only for comparing two 4-bit unsigned
numbers for the greater