1. Chlamydia antibody, IgM
1. The physician orders the following blood tests: carbon dioxide, chloride,
potassium, and sodium. How is this coded?
1. The pathologist is asked to review a patients outpatient lab
When an unusual service is provided, it is better to use modifier 22 than to report an
additional code that doesn't accurately describe the procedure performed.
Selected Answer: True
Modifier 58 indicates a return trip oto the operating room f
1. Overall, did the clinic overcharge or undercharge? By how much?
The clinic is overcharging, by $37,350
1. What is the standard fee for an EM visit assigned code 99204?
It is $125
1. Prior to the audit, what is the total
EHR Reports and Retrieving Data
1. Start the Medcin Student Edition software.
2. Click on the ADT tab at the bottom left of the Medcin Screen.
3. Click on the first patient on the screen. Hold down the shift key and click on the last
patient on the screen
Module 02 Written Assignment - EM Coding
1. A patient presents to the emergency department for suture removal. The surgery was
performed 2 weeks ago. A problem-focused history and exam are performed and the
sutures are removed. What code would be assig
1. An asymmetric nevi, measuring 3.0 cm in length is excised from the patients back. The
pathology report identifies the specimen as interdermal nevi. What is the correct CPT code
assignment for this procedure? If you do not know what an interd
1.Which of the following describes a chief complaint?
A chronological description of the patient's illness
A concise statement describing the reason for the encounter
A problem-focused examination
An inventory of body system findings
Module 06 Written Assignment Question 1
1. What is the purpose of the fee schedule database?
A. To record transactions for each patient seen by the practice
B. To show all the services provided by the practice on one day
C. To maintain charge information
M132 Module 01 Coding Assignment
1. Using the following table, the correct code for Bronchoscopy is:
0 Medical and Surgical
Module 05 Quiz
Ultrasound uses high-frequency, inaudible sound waves that bounce off body tissues
and provide recorded information.
In reference to the surgical pathology section, when multiple specimens are
examined, they are reported together.
Module 03 Quiz
The patient had a total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingectomy.
The coder selected the following codes: 58150 and 58700. Assignment of these two
codes together would be incorrect and the practice of reporting each of these code
04 Written Assignment
1.Flexible sigmoidoscopy with decompression of volvulus
1. Preoperative Diagnosis: History of colon polyps
Postoperative Diagnosis: Polyp of colon
Procedure: Colonoscopy with polypectomy
Indications: The patient is
1 out of 1 points
A non-Medicare patient has regional anesthesia for open reduction, internal fixation of a
closed metacarpal fracture. The patient has poorly controlled hypertension and a
physical status code of P3 is assigned by the anesthes