G180 Module 01 Assignment
1. Write out the sample space. A student randomly guesses the answers to a four question true-or-false
quiz. The observation is the students answer for each question. Use T = true and F = false
Ans: 2*2*2*2 = 16
All true: 1 way
G180 Module 08 Assignment
1. Looking at the above graph, identify the number of odd vertices.
cfw_2, 3, 8 and 9 -> 4 odd vertices
2. Looking at the above graph, identify the number of even vertices.
cfw_1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10 -> 6 even vertices
3. Looking at t
G180 Module 06 Assignment
1. Adam, Bob and Chad are dividing an estate consisting of a house, a small farm and a painting using the
method of sealed bids. Their bids on each of the items are given in the following table:
G180 Module 09 Assignment
1. Find 3 different Hamilton circuits in the above graph.
The 3 different Hamilton circuits in the above graph are- AGFECDBA, ADBCEFGA, ABDCEFGA
1. Find a Hamilton path that starts at A and ends at B
G180 Module 07 Assignment
a. Give the vertex set V
V = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
b. Give the Edge set E
E = [12, 15, 23, 24, 25, 34, 45]
2. Consider the graph with V = [A, B, C, X, Y, Z] and E = [AX, AY, AZ, BB, CX, CY, CZ, YY]. Without drawing a picture of the
G180 Module 05 Assignment
1. A group of students were asked to vote on their favorite horror films. The candidate films are: Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, The Babadook, Cabin Fever, and Dead Snow (A, B, C, D for short). The following table gives the pre
G180 Module 02 Assignment
1. The Cool Gents is a R&B group planning their next concert tour. The band has a total of 25
new songs in their repertoire.
a. How many different set lists of 12 songs can the group select to play on tour? Use permutations or co
G180 Module 03 Assignment
1. Out of 420 students who took a statistic test, 310 passed. What percentage of the students
passed the test?
(310/420)*100 = 73.81% of the students passed
2. Rita's tuition bill for last semester was $4360. If she paid $6052 in
G180 Module 04 Assignment
A group of students were asked to vote on their favorite horror films. The candidate films are: Abraham
Lincoln Vampire Hunter, The Babadook, Cabin Fever, and Dead Snow (A, B, C, D for short). The following
table gives the prefer
G180 Module 10 Assignment
1. For the above weighted graph, use the Brute Force Algorithm to find an optimal Hamilton Circuit stating at Vertex C.
2. You work at UPS and the company has decided to add a new truck route that will cover 9 cities in