Quiz 7, Spring 2001
DUE: Wednesday, 11 April 2001.
(1) Problem 1 of Section 10.13.
(2) Problem 14 of Section 10.13.
(3) Analyze the statically indeterminate structure of Problem 6 of Section 10.13. Use the
method of consistent
Quiz 6, Spring 2001
DUE: Monday, 2 April 2001
Use the conjugate beam method to construct the complete slope and deflection diagrams for the
prescribed simple beam and loading ( E = 200 GPa; I = 200 x 10 6 mm 4 ). Determine the
Quiz 4, Spring 2001
Construct the influence lines for the vertical reaction at D, horizontal reaction at D,
reaction at B, moment at B and shear at C. You may use any method.
Quiz 2, Spring 2001
(a) Determine the support reactions for the truss shown in the figure. (b) Determine the
force in member ab by the method of section. (c) What is the force in member ch?
Quiz 1, Spring 2001
(a) Determine the support reactions for the structure shown in the figure. (b) Introduce an
appropriate virtual displacement and calculate the vertical reaction at A by the method of
Final Exam, Spring 2001
(1) Draw the bending-moment diagram for the L-frame shown in Figure 1. Determine the
vertical and horizontal displacements of joint C by any method. The members are made of Oak
(E = 12 GPa) an
EXAM II, Spring 2001
(1) The member length changes shown in the truss
are induced by an uneven temperature variation.
Compute the vertical deflection of point D by the
virtual work method. The truss is formed by
EXAM I, Spring 2001
(1) Construct the shear and moment diagrams of the 2-member structure. Express the
shear and moment of the vertical member in terms of the indicated x-coordinate.
(2) Show that the vertical reactions at a