1. Crowdfundingis a way to raise money (capital) for new projects by asking for
contributions from a large number (crowd) of people via the Web.
2. Messydatais the term used to refer to data (e.g., tweets, posts, click streams, images,
1. Some retailers are becoming frustrated by the growing trend called showrooming where
customers use their smartphones to scan the barcodes of products to compare prices from
other stores as well as online shopping sites.
2. While many retaile
1. Organizations continue to run older business systems, called _ because
they form the core of mission-critical computing systems.
Last gen software
2. Enterprise systems are integr
1. Document management technology archives digital and physical data to meet business
needs, as well as regulatory and legal requirements.
2. In terms of IS dependability, fault tolerant data management technologies means zerodowntime, zero dat
1. Mashupsare applications that collect and combine data from multiple public sources and
then organize them through a browser-user interface to create a new application.
2. The most potentially valuable type of information for manager
1. Ideally, operational ISs (also called functional area ISs) provide _, knowing
whats happening in any department or function at any time.
2. Data from functional
1. A recent study by Forrester Research and Cisco (2010) shows that customer service is the
second-most common application of social technologies by business organizations
(marketing was first).
2. Television advertising is a business communica
1. International, federal, and state laws and industry regulations mandate that organizations
invest in cybersecurity defenses, audits, and internal controls to secure confidential data and
defend against fraud and unauthorized transactions, su
1. Website users like fast loading pages, but typically dont become impatient unless they have
to wait more than 5-7 seconds for a page to load.
2. Internet users tend to become impatient with web pages that take more than 250 milliseconds
1. Google is a very prosperous, global e-business. Most of its revenue is generated from an
advertising business model.
2. Google is a very prosperous, global e-business. Most of its revenue is generated from a
subscription business model.