Benefit Administration Retirement 101 Internet Assignment
Using the free Retirement 101 link from the International Foundation of
Employee Benefit website answer the following questions.
1. Find the squirrel video
Chapter 9 Discussion Questions
1. Describe the differences between health insurance benefits and EAPs.
Health Insurance: Covers the costs of services the promote physical and mental health,
including examinations, diagnostic tests, surgery, and hospitali
Benefit Administration Health Care Reform Research Assignment
Using the www.hhs.gov/healthcare, and www.healthcare.gov websites and your textbook as a
resource, answer the following questions.
1. What does the acronym ACA stand for related t
Chapter 5 Discussion Questions
1. Discuss the basic concept of insurance. How does this concept apply to health care? Employers
pay insurance companies a negotiated amount or premium to establish and maintain insurance
policies. Companies can choose from
Chapter 4 Discussion Questions
1. Describe three criteria used to qualify pension plans for preferential tax treatment.
1. Participate requirements: employees must be allowed to participate in
pension plans after they have reached age 21 and have complete
1. Discuss the pros and cons of choosing an integrated paid time-off policy instead of multiple
specific paid time off policies- for example, sick leave, vacation, and so forth.
o More effective in controlling unscheduled absenteeism
o Provides emp
Benefits Administration Chapter 7 Term Worksheet
Name: Camryn Jopp
Identify and describe the term related to chapter 7 material.
1. OASDI: (Old-Age, Survivor, and Disability Insurance) Programs that provide retirement income,
income to the s
Benefits Administration Chapter 7 Discussion Questions
Name: Camryn Jopp
1. Discuss the basic concept of social insurance as provided by Social Security Programs.
1. Old-Age, Survivor, and Disability Insurance (OASDI): program that
Chapter 6 Discussions
1. Discuss the basic concept of insurance. How does this concept apply to disabilities and life?
Disability insurance replaces an employees income if they become unable to work on regular
basis due to an illness or injury. The insura
Benefit Administration Chapter 5 Health Insurance Term/Concept Worksheet
Define and discuss the following concepts related to Health Insurance.
1. Individual vs Group Insurance Coverage: Individual coverage extends insurance protection to a
Chapter 10 Discussion Questions
1. Respond to the following statement: Flexible benefits plans are more trouble than they are
worth. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Provide a rationale for your answer.
I personally would disagree with this s
1. Describe the similarities and differences between personality tests and integrity tests. When is each
warranted in the selection process?
Personality tests: These tests help capture the big five: extraversion, agreeableness,
1. In the video, what mistake was made during the selection process that contributed to the selected
employee, Eric, not being able to perform in the job he was hired for? Eric was hired based off of his
previous work experience. Although he had the exper
Chapter 5 Review Questions
1. List 5 sources of applicants that organizations turn to when recruiting. For each source, identify
needs specific to that source, as well as pros and cons of using the source for recruitment.
Needs specific to
1. What is the purpose of a task statement? How should task statements be written, and what
sorts of problems might you encounter in asking a person currently holding the job to write
Task statements are written descriptions of major tasks
When doing a quick review of the two resumes, the second one would be the one Id want to continue
further with. This is due to the organization of the resume and the layout. When viewing resumes, the
main points I want visible to the eye immediately are t
Chapter 8 Review Questions HRES
1. A selection plan describes what predictors will be used to assess the KSAOs required to perform the
job. What are the 3 steps to follow when developing a selection plan?
Step 1: The KSAOs are written in the left han
1. List and describe the most common initial assessment methods used for internal selection;
along with their strengths and weaknesses.
Talent management/succession systems: Organization is able to keep track of skills,
talents and an employees capabilit
1) What types of jobs did LinkedIn find in your search? My first search was in detail for Human
Resources in Saint Cloud, MN. Unfortunately, there were not many opportunities listed specifically for
HR. I had to broaden my search to the state of Minnesota
1. How do traditional and innovative career paths differ? List the advantages and disadvantages of
each. Traditional paths emphasize on mobility paths. Mobility paths consists of two different paths,
such as the hierarchical path and alternative path. Hie
1. I think the biggest issue here is they solely promoted Tom because of higher up
recommendations. The organization failed to look at his KSAOs and experience with the
qualifications the new position withholds.
2. By use of selection plans, I think they
Name: Camryn Jopp
Benefit Administration Internet Research Activity
Using the Internet and Specific Websites answer the following questions related to
1. Using the Bureau of Labor Statistics Website, www.bls.gov locat
Chapter 2 Assignment
3. What are the psychological contracts? Discuss the main features of psychological contracts and how
There are two categories of psychological contracts. The first is transactional psychological contrast, and
Name: Camryn Jopp
Chapter 3 Terms
Identify the following terms and/or laws and briefly describe their influence on Employee
1. National Labor Relations Act 1935. Establishes the right of employees to
Chapter 3 Review
1. Define Human Resource planning and provide a short explanation of the 4 basic
elements of Human Resource Planning. HRP is a way to forecast an organizations
labor demand and internal labor supply to determine gaps in employment and cre
Staffing for Your Own Job
1. Why did you identify and seek out the job with this organization? I know quite a few people
who work with Woodcraft Industries and they talk very highly of the c
Chapter 3 Assignment
1. Describe the differences between pension plans and welfare plans.
A pension plan provides income to individuals and their beneficiaries throughout retirement. Defined
benefit plans, defined contribution plans, a
Chapter 1 Review Questions
1. What are the 3 core components of staffing? Provide a brief definition for each
Recruitment: This is the first stage in staffing. Recruitment is used by both the applicant
as well as the