1. Group functions work across many rows to produce one result per group.
2. Group functions include nulls in calculations.
3. The WHERE clause restricts rows prior to inclusion in a group calculation.
1. The HR department needs a query that prompts the user for an employee last name. The
query then displays the last name and hire date of any employee in the same department
as the employee whose name they supply (excluding that emp
1. Write a query to display the current date. Label the column Date.
a. SELECT sysdate "Date" FROM dual;
2. The HR department needs a report to display the employee number,
last_name, salary, and salary increased by 15.5% (exp
Test your knowledge:
1. Initiate an iSQL*Plus session using the user ID and password that are
provided by the instructor.
2. iSQL*Plus commands access the database.
3. The following SELECT statement executes s