Lab 1 Step 10
Lab 1 Step 14
Lab 1 Step 20
a. Summarize the technical experiences in completing the lab assignment.
In this lab I learned about SQL injection, how to identify SQL injection flaws and
vulnerabilities, and scan webservers and
Lab 1 Step 27
1. In this lab I learned how to use Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify
malicious network activity. We used Snort to carry out an attack test and perform a
2. I learned how important an i
Lab 1 Step 7
Chapter 6 Questions 1-2
1. How is denial-of-service attack different from other kind of attacks?
The main difference between a DoS and other types of attacks is visibility. Other types of
attacks attempt to conceal their attac
Lab 1 Step 12
Lab 1 Step 15
Lab 1 Step 18
Lab 2 Step 8
Lab 2 Step 20
1. List the protocols that are vulnerable to sniffing.
The following are some protocols that are vulnerable to sniffing.
Telnet and rlogin: With sniffing, the keystroke
Lab Assignment 1
Oct 16, 2016
Lab 1 Step 10
Lab 1 Step 26
Lab 2 Step 7
Attack Phases Chapter 4: Questions 1-6
1. What is a NetBIOS null session?
The null session is often referred to as the Holy Grail of Windows ha
Lab 1 Step 4
Lab 1 Step 13
Lab 2 Step 6
Chapter 2 Questions 1-2
1. What is the name for the tool that clears log entries in IIS log files, filtered by IP
2. Which tool can, when uploaded to a Web server, provide an attacker with compl
Lab 1 Step 6
Review Questions Textbook: Secure Network Infrastructures - Chapter 4 Questions 1-2
1. Name and describe two cryptographic techniques.
Asymmetric key system an encryption method using a key pair, one public key available
to anyone, and one pr
"Scanning for Exploits" Please respond to the following:
Suppose you work as a security analyst and during a weekly meeting your supervisor asks for
your opinion about the ways in which the department could best identify vulnerabilities that a
"Ethical Hacking" Please respond to the following:
Suppose a coworker approaches you and asks what an ethical hacker does. She does not
understand the role that an ethical hacker plays in the security industry and assumes that
such a hacker intentionally
"Viruses and Antivirus Utilities" Please respond to the following:
From the e-Activity, analyze the primary manner in which one (1) particular virus or worm
was successful. Summarize the one (1) way in which the virus or worm avoided defense
Submit each lab based on the following:
1. Log into the EC-Council iLab
2. Complete the weekly lab assignment described below
using EC-Council iLab.
3. Submit the screenshots for the steps specified in each