1. Which of the following can not happen to visible light as it passes through cells?
It induces fluorescence
It is absorbed
Its refractive index changes
Its speed changes
It is diffracted.
2. The phase-contrast microscope:
a. Converts diff
1. Plasmolysis is caused by:
a. The swelling of a plant cell within its cell wall due to the uptake of water.
b. The shrinkage of a plant cell within its cell wall due to the loss of water.
c. The bursting of a plant cell due to activation of lysosomes by
Exam II Topics Bio 3324 15
Exam II will be given on November 10, 2015 in Rm 110B SERC
You are responsible for the following three papers: The telomerase papers by Meyerson,
Bodnar and Blasco.
Topoisomerase and Telomerase
Transcription in both prokaryotes
Quiz Question Pool 5
1) From which organism will we get cells? (1 point)
The body tissues of a chick embryo.
2) Where is the airspace in an egg located? (1 point)
On the blunt end of the egg.
3) How will we keep bacterial contamination to a minimum in our
vi y re
vi y re
SCHEDULE OF CELL STRUCTURE LABS 2016
Writing Exercise/Lab Report
12 Look up published cell sizes
Microscopes Results & Discussion
40 Gel Filtration/SDS-PAGE Methods
52 lecture e
EXAM 1 (Version 11)
1. Which of the following cannot happen to light as it passes through cells
a. It induces fluorescence
b. It s absorbed
c. It s refractive index changes
d. Its speed changes
e. Its diffracted
2. The phase contrast microscope
Some Important Relationships in Thermodynamics I:
For ANY material (single component or multiple!) inside a vessel of constant volume:
( or dU dq )
For ANY material (single component or multiple!) inside a vessel of constant pressure:
( or dH
Topics for Final since Exam II Fall 2015
The Final will be cumulative with 30% of the material covered on Exams I and II.
Protein synthesis and the genetic code
Mobile genetic elements
In addition you are responsible for the
Cell question week 4
Which one is not the characterize of cell membrane?
Membrane is a barrier, isolate inside from the outside
Maintain the internal environment of cellular organelles
Allow a certain thing to penetrate
What Domain is not used to specify the region of the proteins ?
Answer: e) Eukaryotic Domains.
Name: PHIM DUONG
What statement is not true about Source of Flourescence
There is flour in fluorescence.
Chlorophyll is one of the source of fluorescence
Dyes that bind specific component
Dyes that can be coupl
Quiz 3 Question Pool
1. a. On the basis of which property are molecules separated by gel filtration? (1 point)
On the basis of their physical properties such as size, charge, binding partners, etc.
b. What kind of molecules move the fastest? (1 point)
Quiz 6 Question Pool
1. Which is longer, the excitation wavelength or the emission wavelength? Why? (2 points)
Emission is longer because energy is used. A wave with less energy has a longer wavelength.
2. What does DAPI bind to? What color is it? (2 poin
A few study suggestions for the 3096 Final Exam, 2013
It might be helpful to organize your studying in two different ways.
1. Review each of the major topics of the last third
metabolism, - think of the different parts of the process. Where is ATP generat