Hints for Quiz of Chapter 9
Development-the study of changes, over the life span, in psychology, cognition, emotion, and
Areas of development across of lifespan
Prenatal period-begins with conception and ends with birth.
1. What was the Missouri Compromise? What did it accomplish, who did it involve,
and what were some ramifications? (Nov 3)
The Missouri Compromise resolved the question of what to do with Missouri
when in 1819 Missouri was late in admitting into statehoo
1. Be able to explain the Louisiana purchase and identify what impact this had for
American expansion. (Oct 27) Notes
The Louisiana purchase was a purchase of 883,000 square miles of lands in the
Louisiana territory that Thomas Jefferson (using the neces
1. Identify the various plans and the result of the Constitutional Convention. (Oct 22)
Through May-September 1787, all the states but Rhode Island attended the
Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia. There were 55 delegates (overall) and
1. Identify two major problems during the Critical Period. Be specific, include dates,
and solutions to the two major problems. (Oct 22) Recording and Notes, Book
The Critical Period was between 1781-1788 and was basically a period of time
when the colon
8.What were the Continental Congresses all about? Explain the differences between the
First and Second Congresses, what they achieved and what role they played in the imperial
crisis that led to the revolution.
Continental Congress was where they met to
French Sugar Islands seized (British and Spanish)
War Debt: 122mil (pounds)
o New King: George III [21 years old] Britain is strong and gains land
o New vision for empire uses war as advantage
Pontiacs Rebellion 1763
Involves many tri
1. Be able to compare and contrast the French Revolution and Haitian Revolution.
Identify the progression of the Revolutions, the timeline of events, and the outcomes.
(Oct 29) Notes
The French Revolution was from 1789-1799. What sparked the revolution w