Biology 316. Chapter 25. Metabolism
I. Introduction: Food molecules absorbed from the GI tract are used to supply energy for sustaining life processes;
building blocks for synthesis of more complex substances; and stored for future use.
A. Metabolism: all
Chapter 24. Digestive System. Lecture Notes and Study Chart
1. digestion: larger molecules are broken down into smaller particles which can be absorbed in
the GI tract
2. absorption: passage of these smaller molecules into the blood an
Gordon Allport Cases 31 and 32
1) The first criteria of a psychologically healthy person is extends sense of self to people/ activities
outside of self. Monica shows this in that she puts others before herself. She gave up her cre
Cases 25 and 26-Skinner
1) According to Skinners theory, we are externally motivated by reinforcement and punishment.
Skinners theory revolved around operant conditioning, or the change in consequences of a
response will affect ra
Cases 23 and 24-Kelly
1) Maria is a scientist in a few different senses. First, she did a lot of research and reading on Csection pregnancies when she was faced with making the decision on whether or not to have a
C-section with h
Cases 19 and 20-Rogers
1) Katherines self-concept before the support group was very different than her ideal-self.
Katherines ideal self was that she would be a career woman with a family life as well. She had
dreams of owning her
Case Studies 5 and 6- Erik Erikson
1) The crisis experienced in Eriksons first stage of psychosocial development is trust vs.
mistrust (oral stage). This stage is how a person adjusts in learning to trust the world
around them. Chr
Case Studies 17 and 18-Maslow
1) The first tier of Maslows hierarchy of needs is physiological needs which include basic survival
needs of food, shelter, air, water, warmth, sex, and sleep. Cindy received these needs for the
Case Studies 9 and 10
1) Samara is demonstrating Horneys neurotic trend of movement toward or compliant
personality. Samara demonstrates the need for affection and approval with all of her past
failed relationships. She also has the need