1. Which Constitutional Amendments, if any, are implicated with this new technology?
Are there privacy implications with this new technology or are individual's movements in
public not covered by privacy rights? Give some examples.
There is no mention of
2. Should the information from the license plate readers be stored on a computer server
and if so for how long? Should a court order be required to release information from any
database of license plates picked up by the readers?
Currently there are no fe
3. Should information gained from the license plate readers be able to be used in
criminal investigations and criminal prosecutions? Provide your legal reasoning for both
sides of the argument.
Information obtained from the cameras could be valuable in so
5. Do public safety concerns outweigh the privacy concerns created by these readers?
Will these readers likely decrease crime? Could these readers be used to defend the
nation against potential terrorists? Should profiles of suspicious individuals be buil
4. Who should have access to the information gained from the license plate readers?
Federal, State, local or a combination of the three (including all three)? Should the
information be a matter of public record that is able to be accessed by anyone? Given