Ch. 8 Review
1. Data entry error is when someone puts in the wrong data into the system/database and data retrieval
error is when someone incorrectly interpret the data that they retrieve.
2. The reasons the US Department o
Chapter 7 Review
1. In the 1950s a hacker was an explorer, a risk taker, someone who was trying to make a system do
something it had never done before. Back then calling someone a hacker was a sign of respect and
Ch. 6 Discussion
42. Sex offenders are held to a different standard. When I think of a sex offender, I think of a pedophile
preying on children or a rapist, so I would want someone like that to be monitored. In my opinion,
Chapter 5 Review
1. When someone types in a phone number in the Reverse Phone field, it returns a page giving them a
name and address and if you click on the address, youll be have access to a map of the neighborhood
Chapter 3 Review
1. Spam is a significant percentage of traffic consisting of unsolicited bulk email.
3. URL is a Web objects address and it stands for uniform resource locator.
5. A blog is a personal journal or diary kept
Chapter 2 Review
1. I think the ethical point of view means making rational decisions in a way that even though others
might disagree with them, they are still being respectful of other peoples beliefs.
3. Morality is what
Chapter 4 Discussion Questions
20. Intellectual property protection is not needed in order to promote innovation. If it were, many
innovations would not exist or thousands of people would be sued. Many music artists use song