Chapter 1 Vocab Words
1. Psychology- Scientific study of behavior and mental processes
2. Critical Thinking -Process of objectively evaluating, comparing, analyzing, and synthesizing
3. NatureNurture Controversy- Ongoin
Breaking the Norm
By: Jerry Gerndt
Introduction to Sociology
Henslin, James M. "Chapter 2 Culture." Essentials of Sociology: A Down-to-earth Approach.
Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 2004. 49-50. Print.
When you go to any
RUNNING HEADER: AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
American Government Fall 2015
October 7, 2015
When you go to sign up for college, one would expect for there to be an equal
How he spent his money
He used his fortune to fund ongoing philanthropic causes.
Philanthropic - dispensing or receiving aid from funds set aside for humanitarian purposes
How he treated his workers
treated his workers very fair. He paid them above
Chapter 2 Vocab
1. Neuroscience Interdisciplinary field studying how biological processes relate to behavior and
2. Neurons Nerve cell that processes and transmits information; basic building block of the
1. Sensation Process of detecting, converting, and transmitting raw sensory information from the
external and internal environments to the brain
2. Perception Process of selecting, organizing, and interpreting sensory inf
November 30, 2015
Extra Credit Assignment
I watched the Democratic debate on November 14th. This debate has 3 candidates
Clinton, Sanders, and OMalley. The first thing I noticed was how the camera focused on Clinton
February 9, 2015
Many authors life experiences directly affect their writing. If an author experiences the
passing of a loved one then their writing will tend to be very dark. Another example is if an
author grows up p
Chapter 3 vocab
1. Stress Nonspecific response of the body to an demand made upon it; the arousal, both
physical and mental, to situations or events that we perceive as threatening or
2. Stressor Trigger or stimulus tha
Preguntas orales para el examen oral y el examen final
1. Necesitas acostarte temprano esta noche? Por qu?
Si, acost temprano esta noche. Tengo que esudiar
2. Te levantas inmediatamente cuando te despiertas?
Si, me levanto inmediantamente cuando
Twp musical lines which are equallyI important create what texture?
Marie cfthe abcve
What scale is must often used in Western music?
0 Simple scale
What is th
Many of the examples for this class are found on the Naxos streaming library through the CSU library
Concepts for listening:
Consonance versus dissonance (usually this is a rather easy concept for most people)
The stoic yet evolving and power message the church imposed, in many ways, on the
evolution of music is a quite interesting resolve. Understanding that holy prayers were made to
come alive and ingrain the minds and hearts of people through repetition, rhy
The musical piece Eine Kleine Nachtmusik composed by Mozart is a musical
journey that arrests the heart and mind to explore a detailed schema of love. Eine
Kleine Nachtmusik is played entirely by way of the strings. The piece has a varying
array of textur
Mildrea Shorter (username: towles_mildrea)
Written: Sep 21, 2016 11:05 AM - Sep 21, 2016 11:28 AM
Your quiz has been submitted successfully.
1 / 1 point
Who composed the "Symphony of a Thousand?"
Terms to Know
o Simple meter
o Compound meter
Tempo know examples
o Presto, etc.
Lieder (plural form of lied) is known as an art song unique to the 19 th century inspired by a setting of
poetic text through a composed. Lieder often utilizes the piano and voice in equal proportion or
partnership. Lieder origin traces back to Germany. A
Two of histories musical geniuses include Richard Wagner and Giuseppe Verdi. Richard
Wagner was born in Leipzig Germany and Giuseppe Verdi was born in Roncole, Italy.
Wagner showed little interest music until his teen years. In contrast, Verdi showed