Ch. 3 review questions and terms
1. Infection- a condition that results when a microorganism is able to invade the body, multiply,
and cause injury or disease.
2. Microbe- microorganism for short
3. Pathogenic- causing or productive of disease
1. Antecubital- the area of the arm that is the anterior to (in front of) and below the bend of the
elbow, where the major veins for venipuncture are located
2. Arryhythmia- irregularity in the heart rate, rhythm, or beat
3. Atria- the upper rec
The Vascular System
1. Define the two divisions of the vascular system.
There is pulmonary circulation which carries the blood from the heart to the lungs to oxygenate the
blood to carry throughout the rest of the body, and there is the systematic circula
Phlebotomy Equipment Worksheet
1. State a purpose for which a phlebotomist would use each of the following:
16 gauge needle
o Drawing donor units, autologous blood donation, and therapeutic
Quality Assurance in the Laboratory
1. Define quality assurance
a. A program or process that is designed to prevent problems in the future by evaluating
present and past performance
2. Define quality control
a. The use of checks and controls.