Bio 101 Chapter 10 Study Guide
1. Why are viruses not considered living cells?
2. Define: bacteriophage.
3. Explain the experiment with the bacteriophage and E. coli. What was the main purpose of this
4. What is a nucleotide? What comprises a
Bio 101 Chapter 9 Study Guide
1. Who was Gregor Mendel? What plant did he study and why?
2. What is the difference between a character and a trait?
3. Explain the difference between self-fertilization and cross-fertilization.
4. What is a true-breeding va
Bio 101 Chapter 8 Study guide
1. What is the difference between asexual and sexual reproduction?
2. What are some important roles of cell division in organisms?
3. How do prokaryotic cells divide? Briefly explain the process.
4. How are chromatin and chro
Bio 101 Chapter 6 Study Guide
1. Explain the differences between photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
2. Define: respiration.
3. Write the summary equation of aerobic cellular respiration. Why is the reaction aerobic?
4. How many ATPS are produced per
Bio 101 Chapter 5 Study Guide
1. What model describes the structure of the cell membrane? What component is fluid? What
component is mosaic? What specific type of molecule forms the basic structure of the cell membrane?
2. What is the function of choleste
Bio 101 Chapter 4 Study Guide
1. Name 2 scientists who first observed microorganisms using a microscope. (Introduction)
How does a light microscope work?
3. Define: magnification, resolution.
4. What is the cell theory?
5. What is the difference betwee