1. A distribution channel is a chain of businesses or brokers through which a good or service passes
until it reaches the end consumer.
2. The two main types of intermediaries are retailers and wholesalers. The difference between a
1. I use division of labor every night to get the tasks that need to be accomplished for a successful night
completed. Not only is division of labor helpful it is absolutely necessary. We have three people that
work in one area
If the room was very hot I would be very motivated to finish reading the chapter so that I could
leave the room as quickly as possible. If my roommate turned on the AC, I would probably not
be so motivated to finish quickly. In both case
1. Automation on the whole may increase unemployment in the beginning, but
as with everything, the human race must adapt to the change. The United
States is currently trending away from the old ways of leaving high school
and walking int
1. I do not have any interest in working in human resource management. I do not enjoy
working directly with people in that way. My experience in working with human resource
professionals has been great. The human resources department at
1. In a B2B transaction the purchases are usually larger, meaning a higher dollar amount on which to
base the commission. Business purchases are also based less on advertising and more on sales so a
talented sales person has t
1. I would definitely be interested in the financial statements of the business. If I was going to
invest in a company I would want to see what their sales looked like and how they were
spending the money. The financial could
1. For the wedding, I would invest in Treasury bills. They can be purchased in amounts as low
as $100 and there is little risk involved. The money would be accessible in less than a year. For
long term financial planning, I wo
Chapter 5 Pop Quiz Prep
1. Sole proprietorships are the largest form of business ownership where one individual
manages and owns the business.
2. A benefit of being a corporation would be having little to no liability. The amount
Chapter 2 Pop Quiz Prep
1. The global corporate social responsibility pyramid suggests that the obligations of a
company in the global economy are to make a profit, be ethical, and be a good global
corporate citizen. The priority thats at t
Chapter 10 Pop Quiz Prep
1. Examples of extrinsic rewards for the managers performance would be pay raises,
praise, and/or promotions.
2. Motivation is extremely important since it stimulates employees to work more and show
up on time, to
Chapter 15 Pop Quiz Prep
1. Managerial accounting describes the accumulation and analysis of information for
managers and others within an organization.
2. Not for profit accountants work for nonprofit and government organizations that are
Chapter 1 Pop Quiz Prep
1. A nonprofit organization distributes the funds given back into running the organization in
order to maintain stability.
2. Revenue is money earned by a business for services provided or products sold during a
Chapter 17 Pop Quiz Prep
1. Underwriting defines the activity of buying then reselling new issues of stocks or bonds
from corporations to the public.
2. As an investor, your top priority is how quickly funds can be withdrawn from your
Chapter 14 Pop Quiz Prep
1. Brokers are intermediaries that move products between producer and customers who help
negotiate a transaction.
2. Products that are likely to be exclusively distributed would be Lamborghinis, Gucci, and
Chapter 13 Pop Quiz Prep
1. Total product offer, or value package, describes factors that potential buyers evaluate on
products when considering buying the product.
2. Items considered convenience goods and service (inexpensive products bo
1. I currently work for a fairly large company and find that sort of situation very satisfying. The
company gives its managers a great deal of latitude to make sure things are handled quickly
and efficiently, without micromanag
1. I do not have the entrepreneurial spirit. I like to have a steady paycheck and I do not like
taking risks when it comes to taking care of my family financially. I also enjoy working for others.
I like being part of a team an
1. If I were opening my own business I would offer computer repair and software services. I would have a
mobile serve to go to peoples homes and I would have a drop off location for customers as well. It would
be aimed primaril
1. Companies are pushing for more accountability from the marketing function because the return
on the investment that was made does not yield much of a return.
2. I like to think that the organizational market is products that are made specificall
September 4, 2016
1. A Business model is like a map on how it is going to generate revenue.
2. A moral hazard is when a person is taking a risk and another is liable for the
3. Four reasons on how businesses can benefit a society a
September 11, 2016
1. The economic concept of scarcity is a crucial concept for businesspeople to understand
because scarcity creates competition for resources and forces trade-offs on the part of
every participant in the economy.
1. The four stages of product lifecycle in order are introduction, growth, maturity, and decline.
2. Test marketing is where a business selects an area to see how a new product sales for a
limited amount of time.
3. The functions of packaging a
October 9, 2016
1. Management refers to the people who control, organize, and plan to meet the organizations
objective. Also, management is important in any organization because without it the company
will be disorganized and probably fail.
1. A human resource manager is a manager that has several task some being hiring, terminating,
and serve as a link between management and employees.
2. A few of the strategic staffing alternatives that organizations use to avoid overstaffing or
October 2, 2016
1. First, it guides the company operations and outlines a strategy for turning an idea into reality.
Second, it helps persuade lenders and investors to finance your business. Third, it can provide a
reality check in case an idea
1. Motivation is someones will to do something.
2. The expectancy theory is based on an employees efforts on their expectations of their own
performance and their reward for their performance.
3. Management by objective is a model that aims to
September 18, 2016
1. Ethics are based off of conscience and corporate social responsibility is more about a companys
social obligation to a community etc.
2. Conflict of interest is a situation in which a person has a duty to more than one per
September 25, 2016
1. The three basic forms of ownership are: sole proprietorship, Partnership, and corporation.
2. Unlimited liability puts a business owner at risk, because he or she is responsible for
everything that happens within their bus
Lab 20: Lab Report
How is Your Energy Generated?
1. What does fuel mix refer to?
Fuel mix refers to the variety of fuels used to generate electricity.
Fuel Mix Comparison
2. How does the fuel mix compare to the rest of the country for the fol