Customer acquisition training is the set of methodologies and systems to manage
gaining new clientele. Acquiring new customers involves persuading consumers to
purchase a companys products and/or services. Some customer acquisition methods
1) Which of the following is the most commonly used selection tool?
A) telephone reference
B) reference letter
D) personality test
E) work sampling technique
2) Which of the following refers to a procedure designed to obtain information from
1) What is the first step in the recruitment and selection process?
2) Which of the following terms refers to the background investigations, tests, and
physical exams that firms use to identify viable candidates for a job?
3) _ is the process of deciding
1) Which of the following terms refers to the process of evaluating an employee's
current and/or past performance relative to his or her performance standards?
B) employee selection
C) performance appraisal
D) employee orientation
Use this page to make notes about how well the leader guides the employee through the
PERFORMANCE PLANNING process.
1. Influencing Skills (Directions, Explanations, Consequences) to explain the purpose
and format of the meeting.
1) The basic functions of the management process include all of the following
2) Which of the following is the person responsible for accomplishing an
organization's goals by planni
You have been at your present level for almost a year.
You know you still need to improve your technical skills, but you have come a long way
since you started at P&V 3 years ago. Richard Goose, your manager, has been a great
1) Which of the following terms refers to all forms of pay or rewards going to
employees and arising from their employment?
B) employee compensation
C) wage reimbursement
D) employee benefits
2) Direct financial payments include
1. The Culture Quiz
0 To stimulate awareness of cultural differences
I To promote consideration of the impact of cultural
differences in a global economy
0 To stimulate dialogue between domestic and interna
tional students at.
0 To explore issues raised b
(1, 2, 3, 4)
- education level
- degree of technical skills
- scope of control
- impact of job
- degree of problem solving
- Task complexity
Degree (1, 2, 3, 4)